XII. WITCHERY

once the door was closed, one of her eyes cautiously fluttered open to scan if he was already gone. apparently, there was no sign of him and it made her sigh of relief. voluntarily, she rubbed her opal and murmured foreign language whilst gesturing her arms as some kind of an incantation. in a sudden motion, veronica emerged with her glove hand pressed on her chest. she had a cunning smile plastered on her face and she padded towards her to help her up.

❝ that was remarkably clever, my lady. ❞ wickedly complimented the servant as she assisted her on slipping off the bed. [your name] merely rolled her eyes out of sarcasm yet a grin was tugged on her face, contented by the remark she was given.

she adjusted her necklace, ❝ i'm a 'delores' after all, of course i'm going to live up to my last name. ❞

❝ you do realize you have two goals, right? ❞ veronica equipped a cloak on her as she amended a few proportions on her hair. the [your eye color]-eyed girl stared at her butler in a daunting challenged expression as she slanted her chin to the side.

❝ i'm not stupid, i do have achievements that i need to ultimately finish, ❞ she scoffed and shuffled her strands to the side, ❝ and i'm sure as hell i would be able to accomplish them without any misfortunes. ❞ there was a hidden uncertainty in her voice, and she didn't want to let it divulge in the open.

veronica untangled her locks, permitting the curls to fall like a big river stream in a grassland, ❝ there are consequences and i am sure you are aware of that, ❞ she reminded her grimly and her head moved closer to her cheek, ❝ but you might also know hosting a covenant with a witch is dangerous, isn't it? ❞ the wind of her mouth frighteningly tickled on her chilled skin, submitting a wave of adrenaline flowing in her veins.

❝ i don't care if that was undue haste and lack of thought or deliberation, i don't care if that was an impurely reckless decision, fate has already decided me anyway, ❞ [your name] frowned and sharply twirled around to meet her fiery emerald eyes that burned with sinister, ❝ we both know that this item is your life support, be informed of that. ❞ she points out as she referred to the gemstone.

the ravenette dipped her head humbly and gave her a good amount of space between them, ❝ very well, ❞ she responded meekly, ❝ shall we? ❞ reverently, she jutted out her elbow for her to cling on and she accepted without another word.

as they were about to be involved with another strange vanishment by the help from the jewel itself, the abrupt entrance of the astonish ciel phantomhive flew the door open. betrayal manifested and dripped in his apparent cerulean tint. he was appalled by the immediate recovery and the healthy condition in his, well, associate would be a suitable word for this current treachery.

❝ what in the devils- you did this? ❞ his voice laced with infidelity and despondency, looking at her like the spitting image of the word, scandalous, ❝ you knew, didn't you? ❞ he jutted out his black-gloved index finger on her insensitive face.

             an unsympathetic chortle freed from her lips and she covered her mouth wryly, ❝ that was considerably delayed for you to figure it out, eh? ❞ she barked in maniacal laughter for a brief moment & brusquely discontinued while lowering her eyes, ❝ i'm not just a pawn for you to toy with, lord phantomhive, i am an attentive lady to know your motives why you invited me. ❞

          ❝ so it is true from all this time! you're the one who stole the artifact! ❞ he exclaimed, enlightened by his discovery.

       she shrugged her shoulders mindlessly, ❝ that's partially the truth; when i saw that silhouette of a man i told you earlier, he was actually viscount druitt and i happily assisted him in his heist. i've also helped your dear rival, ❞ a brilliant million dollar smile flashed again on her face, only this time it was ominous, ❝ i conveniently took the time hide the artifact under my skirt whilst you were defending me from the man previously. he was a futile distraction i can tell you that. ❞