VI. INTERESTING

[your name] led the blue-gray haired boy near a table full with different options of food. she blithely plucked a grape from its stem and popped it in her mouth. the juicy texture exploded her taste buds which freshened her loose appetite. ciel inspected her actions skeptically like a magnifying glass analyzing an object of some kind.

❝ i want to question the current opal your wearing and why it is shifting into diverse colors, ❞ his only azure pupil glowed curiously , ❝ and i would like to ask what you're after. ❞ he demands, but managed to keep his cool surprisingly.

a pout was drawn on her glossy lips, ❝ now, isn't that ungracious to interrogate a guest, let alone a lady like me? you young earls are terribly bad with manners, i honestly expected something decent to the both of you. ❞ she cooed while raising her champagne cup to which a server had poured cautiously on the glass.

confusion struck on his face, ❝ 'to the both of you'? what exactly are you saying? ❞ he instantly took a minor step back. [your name] giggled, with a bubble of mischief gurgling in her throat as she covered her mouth.

❝ what lush rings you have, ❞ she commented, faking to be awestruck at the divine auxiliary, ❝ may i? ❞ she held out her smoothed palm and it beckoned for ciel's hand to lay. hesitation uncovered on his face. and before he could place it, a belted high-pitched, ear-boggling, aggravating, voice rattled in their ears.

        ❝ ciiiiieeEEELLL! ❞

       a girl with curly brightly colored yellow ponytails bounced while she rushed lively to their direction. her face displayed an ecstatic grin and she twirled to make a spectacle of herself. she unmannerly engulfed him into a hug to which he responded with a silent irritated look. he was trapped under her blush-pink frilly long sleeves.

      he grunted, ❝ hello, lady elizabeth. ❞ he strained due to his oxygen being almost lacked by her bone-crushing hug.

     ❝ i told you to call me lizzy! ❞ she scolded merrily as if it were the hundredth time, ❝ anyway, who were you talking to? and why is your hand hovering in the air? ❞ she peppered him with endless of questions. ignoring his fiancée, ciel almost lost his composure when he realized the girl was already gone. it slightly caused a turmoil when neglecting her questions which continued to raise a concern once a form of droplets grew in the corner of her emerald pupils.

      his ears noted a sniffle emitting from her and he quickly aided her, ❝ i sincerely apologize for disregarding your questions, lady elizabeth, but i'm somewhat seeking for something— er, someone, significant. ❞ he coughed, discomfort filtering.

      ❝ n-no, its alright, ❞ she shook her head and gained her usual demeanor, ❝ i was overreacting too much, especially when i bombarded you with questions. you probably dislike girls who act ill-mannered. ❞ she faltered.

      ❝ i love you, lizzy. your behaviour does not matter to me, at all. ❞ the words left in ciel's mouth was notably unfamiliar, it didn't fit correctly to his choice of statement. though he was easily accustomed to saying the three words, it granted a different feeling. nevertheless, blush was evident on elizabeth's cheeks.

        she nearly sobbed again, but she succeeded on containing her burst, ❝ i love you too! ❞ ciel didn't bother to cast a reaction, since he was distracted a sly smirk behind a glass of water. alternatively, he marched towards [your name] without bothering to excuse himself which was very ungentlemanly of him.

         lady elizabeth gave him an expression of confusion, until she realized who he's been directing towards to. noiselessly, she followed after him, which was astonishing for her to manage because of her sharp black flats that clicked on the floor. she hid behind a vase statue of a green bush.