Chapter 34

Percy's POV
End and his forces finally broke through the gate after the third hit. I ran at End but was tackled from behind. I quickly rolled to avoid getting stabbed. I looked up at my attacker and immediately stopped in my tracks. It was Jason. His eyes are completely black like the others. "Jason..." I whispered in disbelief. "You murdered me, Percy. Now I'm going to kill you," Jason said getting ready to charge at me.
"You know it wasn't me. It was End he was controlling me, but I broke free from his control and I know you can to Jason." I said hoping he'd back down "End said you would say that but we both know that you've always wanted to kill me," I hesitantly raise my sword as I didn't want to fight him. "I never wanted to hurt you, Jason, please understand. The fact that it was my sword that killed you makes me sick and I'll have to live with the guilt for the rest of my life." I pleaded to him. Jason just shook his head and ran at me. I rolled out of the way to avoid Jason's attack. "Jason I don't want to fight you," This seemed to anger him "why now? Huh? You weren't like this when your sword pierced me!" He screamed and ran again. He propelled himself forward but instead of striking me he blasted me a strong gust of wind which knocked me off my feet.

Jason summoned a storm and flew above Camp Jupiter. Jason had electricity sparking off his body. I was frozen in place just staring up at him. Then before I knew hit he started flying towards me like a bullet. I attempted to run out of the way but as Jason crashed into the ground it created an explosion which sent me flying into the side of the building. I was pretty sure I had a concussion from the impact. I sat up dazed and looked at Jason who was now unconscious. I tried to stand up but my throbbing head prevented that. I heard someone yell my name causing me to look around confused. Next thing I knew someone was right next to me talking. It sounded faint like someone was speaking through a think layer of glass. I looked up and saw hazel looking at me with concern. "Ha..el?" I asked confused. Hazel must have said something cause I felt her trying to lift up. She made me drink nectar and take ambrosia. My head felt much better but my head and body still ached "Where's Thalia? Is she safe?" I asked Hazel "yes she's with the others, I'll take you to her," I shook my head "I have to stop End," I said using the wall to help me stand. "Percy you're in no position to fight End. He'll kill you" "Hazel go get the others I'll need your guys to help with End," Hazel seemed hesitant but nodded and ran off. I dragged myself over to the front gate where End was standing

I saw End watching me with an amused look on his face. "So you're still standing I see, well not for long," I kept walking till I was a few meters away from End. End turned towards Zoe and nodded his head. That's when I noticed something behind End. Zoe then came back with Chaos. I was shocked to see chaos. She had her hands bound and a mask on her face keeping from talking. End then turned back to me. "Now Perseus I need you to kneel," I was still looking at chaos that I didn't hear him. Pain then shot up my leg causing me to kneel. "Chaos, kill him," End ordered. When chaos didn't move he grabbed her arm and pulls her towards me. I looked up at chaos and gave her a sad smile. "It's ok m'lady," Chaos just stepped back and started crying. "Do it!" End barked. Chaos shook her head resulting in End slapping her. "Since you can't do it you're go to watch me kill him, but first I have something to show you," End snapped his figures and two figures appeared right of me. It was my mom and Paul.
"Mom..." whispered reaching out. She just slapped me and looked disgusted at me. "You've lost the right to call me "mom" you're a monster," her words felt like a knife piercing my chest. "I-I..." I tried to get out but she just slapped me again "you're no son of mine, you're no hero. You're just a murderer," End walked over and put a hand in their shoulders "now Perseus, let's see what you're other friends have to say.
Murderer...
Freak...
Monster...
Weak...

They're right. I'm all of these things. I'm not a hero. I'm...a monster. "Now goodbye Perseus,"
End wrapped his hand around my throat and lifted me up into the air. I tried clawing at End's hand trying to make him let go. My vision was starting to go black. "NO!" someone screamed and I was dropped to the floor. I started coughing and saw Maria and Alice holding bows. "Seize them!" End ordered. Zoe and Bianca grabbed them and pulled them over to End. "I think I now have other plans, goodbye Perseus" End grinned and flashed away taking Maria and Alice with them.
I failed... I couldn't protect them...I can't protect anyone...