Chapter 14.

Percy's POV

"So what are we going to do?" Thalia asked me.
"Well, how does going out to eat then a movie sound?" I asked
"That sounds perfect," Thalia said hugging my arm                                                                                               "good," I said and kissed her lips. we walked through the city and Thalia was still astonished. "I don't think I ever want to leave this place"                                                                                                                 "well we don't have to," I said stopping in front of her. "what do you mean Percy?"                                "I mean, what if we get a place together?" I asked hoping she would like that idea.                              "that...sounds nice" I sighed in relief. "good, but let's go do that date we have planned"                     "yeah I'm starving" 

Maria's POV 

It's been very quiet recently. nobody has been sleeping or anything. we've been searching for both Percy and Thalia but have come up with nothing. I missed my brother and I prayed to whoever is out there that he's safe. everyone was in their tents except me, Alice and Pheobe.          "I can't do this anymore," I said standing up. "Maria, w-where are you going?" Alice asked me.        "I'm going to find my brother," I said walking into my tent. I grabbed my bow and quiver full of arrows and slung them over my shoulder. I walked out of my tent and was met by Alice who seemed to be waiting for me.  "what are you doing?" I asked her. "you're not the only one who thinks of Percy as a brother, so I'm coming to help you" she explained. "ok then, are you ready?" I asked her.  "yeah I got everything"                                                                                                                               "ok let's go," I said and walked towards the woods. 

"do you think we're going the right way?" Alice asked me. we've been walking for about an hour now and have come up with nothing " I honestly don't know Alice, but I'm not stopping until I find something" I explained to her.  " does it bother you, that we're the only ones searching for them?" Alice asked. "It does like I know they don't exactly care about him but you'd at least think they'd be looking for Thalia"                                                                                                                      "Well it's up to us to find them" we are very determined to find them. luckily for us, we haven't run into anything dangerous which I'm kinda surprised about. "Am I the only one who's surprised that we haven't seen a hellhound or something?" I asked, curious about what Alice thought.   "I noticed but I didn't say anything, so you probably just jinxed us"                                          "what? no, I didn't "                                                                                                                                                               "did too"I went to reply but we were interrupted by growling. 

We both turned our attention to the direction it came from. it was a pack of hellhounds. 12 of them to be exact. "yeah guess I did jinx us" I said sheepishly. I took my bow off my shoulder and drew back an arrow ready to fire at the first one that moved. I heard Alice scream which caused me to let go of the arrow. I look over and see one biting her leg as she's trying to grab her dagger which laid a few feet from her. I drew back another arrow and fired it towards the hellhound biting her leg. it hit the hellhound causing it to burst into a golden dust. pain suddenly shot through my arm as if my skin was being punctured.a hellhound was biting my arm, I screamed in pain as its fangs dug deeper into my arm. I kept punching it hoping that it'll let go of my arm. Luckily I was able to free myself from its grasp. it lunged at me again but I was able to kick it away. I backed away while cradling my arm close to my body. I backed away from the hellhounds as best I could but I ended up backing into a tree.

There were too many of them for us to handle. I bet Percy would be so disappointed in me right now. This whole situation is bad. Alice and I are both injured and we don't know if we're going to get out of this alive. A hellhound was getting ready to pounce at me so I closed my eyes and prayed for someone to save us. I heard an arrow fly by and hit the hellhound which caused me to open my eyes. I looked over and saw my sister shooting arrows at the remaining hellhounds. I saw Artemis running towards us. "are you okay girls?" Artemis asked us. Alice and I looked at each other before nodding. "geez you had me so worried" Artemis said giving us a hug. I winced a little when Artemis hugged me. she must have felt me wince because next thing I knew my arm was getting inspected by Artemis. "yeah, that'll leave a scar" she said, "but I'll be fine, right?" I asked her. "yeah, you'll be alright," Artemis said giving me a small smile. Artemis helped Alice and I up and we all walked back to camp. As a family.