Chapter 38

Percy's POV
Today was the day we take down End and save everyone from his grasp. I'm willing to sacrifice myself if it means that everyone else gets to live. Cassie and I were currently watching the movement of the patrols from on top of a building. "It seems there's only a slight time frame for us to get you, Piper, Leo, and the Stolls to get inside," I explained after analyzing the patrols. "Ok, I'll signal you once I got everyone out," "Alright I'll see you soon," I turned and jumped off the roof.

I ran to the nearest alleyway where the others were currently. "Piper, Leo, Travis, Conner you guys are up. Once we start the distraction the four of you will meet Cassie by the castle gate," I turned to Thalia and pointed to the nearest building. "Thalia you'll be up there laying down fire from above. We'll give you 3 minutes before the rest of us charge in," Thalia gave me a quick kiss and whispered "be safe Percy," before running off. "Alright everyone, you ready? "Always Percy. Now let's finish this," Frank replied with a look of pure determination. "Just In case something happens, I'm glad to call all of you my family,"
I saw that Thalia made it to the roof so all of us started charging towards the patrols
Thalia's POV
I was watching Percy completely destroy Ends army. I pulled back my bow and fired at a soldier. I pulled back an arrow once again I scanned my eyes against Ends army. One was sneaking up on Hazel so I fired and hit him directly in the neck. Hazel looked up at me and nodded. I smiled to myself and prepared to fire another arrow. My attention, however, was diverted by footsteps behind me. I turned around just in time to see a knife fly across my cheek. I put my hand on my cheek and felt a little bit of blood. I looked at the culprit and saw it was Luke.

He gave me a sadistic grin and ran at me. I tried to fire an arrow at him but he slammed into my side and knocked me down. Luke went to stab me so I kicked him in the leg and rolled out of his way. I pulled out my dagger and waited for Luke to attack again. Suddenly, I heard a scream from right below. Luke took advantage of the distraction and threw a knife into my shoulder. I hissed and tried to pull the knife but it was lodged in too deep. I knew I wasn't going to put up much of a fight so I quickly looked for an escape route. Luke noticed and started walking towards me. I started backing up until I was at the edge of the roof.

I tried to jump off but Luke grabbed my arm which caused me to hang off the side of the building. Luke grinned and let go of my arm. Before I hit the ground I was Incased in water which dulled the impact significantly. I sat up and saw Percy running towards me. "You ok?" He asked kneeling down next to me.
"For the most part," I replied looking at the knife in my shoulder. Percy followed my gaze to the knife. "Alright, I'm going to pull this out," Percy put his hand on the knife. He made eye contact with me and I nodded to let him know I was ready. Percy pulled the knife out immediately making me grab my shoulder and scream out in pain. Percy wrapped his arms around me comforting me. "You ok? He asked "yeah let's go finish this,"
Cassie's POV
It took some time to infiltrate the castle without our alerting anyone but eventually we arrived in the lowest part of the castle. "Man this castle is huge," Leo said kinda loudly. I turned around and glared making him smile sheepishly. "We need to stay quiet or we'll alert the guards," I said with no emotion. Leo apologized and we continued foreword we made it to a Corredor where 2 guards were keeping guard and another pair were guarding a cell. I looked at Piper signaling her to get rid of the guards. She walked near them and charmspeaked them to walk away and ignore us. I pulled out throwing knives and killed the remaining 2. I quickly ran to the cell and saw Chaos chained to the wall. Behind her, we're Alice and Maria and they were In the same situation.

I quickly searched the guards I killed trying to find a key. I managed to find one but when I tried to unlock chaos cell it wouldn't open. "Mlady where's the key?" I asked her "End wears it around his neck," she replied with no emotion. I turned to Piper and handed her the key. "See if it opens that cell," I said pointing towards the cell holding Alice and Maria. The cell open and we quickly ran in to help the girls. Once we got them out of the chains they latched onto us and started to cry. "Hey it's ok, you're safe now," Piper whispered softly. "Where's Percy?" Maria asked wiping away her tears. "Percy's outside with the others. Cassie is going to bring them here now." Piper explained to you her. Piper looked up at me and I nodded knowing exactly what she wanted. I quickly ran out of the prison and towards the main gates of the castle.

Percy and the others were still fighting End's forces. I could tell they were getting tired so I called out to them. Percy glanced up at me then told the others to run towards the gate. I saw a lever on the wall next to the gate and ran towards it. Everyone ran inside just as I closed the gate. I sighed in relief and walked towards Percy, "thanks...for that..." he said trying to catch his breath. "I'm just glad everyone's fine," I said glancing at the others.
"Maria? Alice? Did you get them?" Percy asked frantically. "Yes, Piper and Leo are with them now," I replied giving him a light smile. Percy sighed in relief. "Can you take me to them?" He asked. "They're down in the prison, We'll go get them and finish this" I replied with determination. "then let's finish this, " I nodded and took Percy to his sister.
Percy's POV
I wasn't surprised that Cassie tried to kill as little as possible. When I was apart of this team she always tried to be stealthy first. That didn't always work but she was easily as skilled with a blade. I was pulled by my thoughts by Cassie placing her hand on my arm. "You ok?" She asked. "I will be when this is over," I replied.
Cassie opened her mouth to say something but closed it and continued walking. We eventually came across the others. Piper and Leo were talking and comforting Maria and Alice.  Piper saw us and whispered something to the girls.
They both looked up at me and immediately started running towards me. I kneeled down and they ran into my arms holding me tightly. I felt my cloak get wet so I hugged them tighter. "It'll be ok girls, I'll make End pay for this," I gently unwrapped my arms from their sides and stood up. "Let's head back to the others,"  I said with determination. I glanced towards the other cell and saw chaos giving me a worried look. I walked towards her cell and placed my hands on the bars "I don't care if it kills me M'lady but I'm willing to die if it means stopping End," before Chaos could respond I removed my hands off the bars and walked away.