Chapter 23

Jason's POV
We made shrouds for all of our fallen Campers and did a ceremony for them. I know this might sound morbid but the Ceremony was very peaceful. Piper was standing next to me during the duration of it and every so often I could see her glance at me. I could tell she was worried about me but I was fine. For now anyway. After the last shroud was burned I walked away and went back to the infirmary. I stayed with Thalia as often as I could. I only left to eat and sometimes hang out with Piper.
And this went on for a few days. I could tell Piper was very worried for me but I felt like I failed Thalia and even Percy. I sighed and put my head in my hands. I
heard someone walk into the infirmary which caused me to look up. It was Piper.Piper walked over and grabbed my hands and she looked like she was holding back tears. I know she's worried about me,b ut... idk.
"Jason talk to me please," she begged. I turned away from her and I could feel tears pooling in my eyes.

Piper put her hand on my cheek and forced me to look at her "Oh Jason..." she said pulling me into a hug and I broke down and hugged her back tightly "it's ok Jason...it'll be ok" she said soothingly. I just kept sobbing as Piper whispered comforting words and rubbed her hand on my back. "Thalia's strong. She'll pull through" Piper then pulled away and kissed me. A kissed her back and it felt like eternity before she pulled "I love you so much Jason"
"I love you too Piper" "now c'mon It's almost time for dinner" Piper grabbed my hand and we walked to the dinning hall. Piper and I both Sat at the Zeus table. I didn't really feel like eating but one look from Piper made me get something.I sacrificed a portion to the gods before sitting back down at the table. I ate a few bites so I wouldn't worry Piper but I still wasn't really hungry. Once dinner was done I was on my way back the infirmary but Piper stopped me "You need a distraction," she stated and grabbed my hand. "Where are we going?" I asked her. "We are going to the beach," "I don't know if my uncle would like that," I explained hoping we'll stop. "Well he'll just have to deal with it"