Chapter 37

Percy's POV
"Is everyone ready?" I asked just to make sure.
"Alright here's the plan. Cassie, you take Piper and the Stolls The 4 of you are going to be rescuing Chaos and the others. The rest of us are going to be a distraction and attack End's forces," I explained and they all nodded with a determined look masking each one of them.
I pulled out the crystal and placed it on the floor. "This is you're last chance to back out. If you wish to do so nows the chance." no one said anything so I stepped onto the crystal.

The entire planet seemed to be a shadow of its former self. Buildings were destroyed, graffiti painted the streets, and not a single person was in sight. I heard the sound of footsteps stomping on the ground so the others and I ran inside of a building and waited for the patrol to pass. "That was a close one," Thalia whispered next to me. I nodded in agreement and turned to face everyone. "We need to get closer to the castle, but we all need to be quiet," so we went back outside and kept heading towards the castle. The task was proving to be difficult as patrols were everywhere. But we managed to get close to the castle by nightfall. We came across another building that we were going to stay in till morning.

"You ok?" Thalia asked standing right next to me. "I'm alright, how are the others doing," I asked "they're worried about you, you've been quiet the entire time,"
"What's there to say, Thalia?" Thalia opened her mouth but was interrupted by Cassie walking over to us. "Percy there's something you need see," she said sadly. I sighed and followed Cassie to a different part of the building and that's when I saw it. It was a corpse and they seemed to be holding something. As I got closer I immediately knew who it was. It was Keith. I kneeled down next to him and sighed. "I'm sorry I wasn't here to help," I whispered softly. "I only hope you didn't suffer," there was a note in his hand so I grabbed it and opened it.

Dear, Percy
I saw you run for the castle and I tried running after you but was held up by some off Ends forces... I got stabbed in the stomach and was left for dead. Emma found me and carried me to safety. She ran to get help but I fear End captured her. I know I'm most likely going to be dead by the time you see this so I have a few things I want to say. Percy if you find Emma I want you to tell her that...I love her. I don't think she feels the same way but I thought she should at least know. Lastly Percy... it's been an honor to serve beside you. I hope you and Thalia made it to safety.

I turned back to Cassie who seemed close to tears. I stood up and hugged her tightly as she sobbed quietly into my chest. "I know it's hard to lose friends. Trust me I've lost a lot over the years. Many of which still haunt me to this day.
Keith wouldn't want you to be sad. He'd want his sacrifice to mean something. That's why we need to defeat End." Cassie nodded her head and removed her arms away. "We should get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a big day,"
Cassie walked towards the stairs and turned towards me "thank you, Percy, for everything," she then walked downstairs leaving me alone. I sat down leaning against the wall and let sleep overcome me.

Loud footsteps caused me to wake up and glance outside. There were a lot more patrols out near the castle so heading inside will be a challenge. I quietly ran down the stairs just as the patrol passed by. Everyone was up and they all looked at me. "We need to leave, we can't stay here anymore," I explained. "But where do we go?" Leo interjected "We go to the castle and takedown End,"