I Join The Hunt

Percy's POV

The only reason I even thought about joining the hunt is Thalia. We flashed into camp and the hunters started noticing our arrival and made their way towards us. "what happened at the meeting" Phoebe asked Artemis. "we needed a guardian so I asked Percy if he wanted to be ours" She told them. I felt so awkward. I was standing in a group with the notorious Man-haters. "Percy!" I heard two little girls scream. Alice and Maria were running towards me. I kneel down and they knock into us with so much force that I fall on my back. Maria and Alice hugged me tightly. I sat up and hugged them back." Are you really going to stay with us?" Maria asked me. "yep I'm here to stay,"I told them. I grinned as I had an idea. when they least expected it I started tickling the girls. "P-P-Percy s-stop it," Alice said in between laughs. I kept going for a few before stopping. The girls had big smiles on their face. I looked at Thalia who was looking at me with a smile. I looked at Artemis who also was smiling but only a little. " Percy we're going to get you your tent," she told me. Artemis then turned towards Thalia "Thalia can you help him with his tent?" Artemis asked her. "Yes, m'lady" Thalia said to her. Artemis nodded and walked off. Thalia turned to me "you ready Seaweed brain?" Thalia asked. I frowned when she said seaweed brain. I hoped Thalia didn't see it. She saw it. " You okay?" Thalia asked putting a hand on my arm. "yeah... let's just get this done"

We finished setting up the tent which surprisingly was pretty easy. We entered the tent and I laid down on my bed sighing. "whats up?" I sat up and saw Thalia looking Concerned. "nothing, I'm fine," I said giving her a fake smile. I took off my hidden blades and set them on a desk in my tent. I took every weapon off except for my sword. " you carry a lot of weapons" Thalia said. I was about to respond when a scream rang out. I quickly grabbed one of my hidden blades and dashed out of the tent. Maria and Alice were surrounded by Lycaon's pack. one was about to lunge so I jumped in front of the wolf and wrapped my arms around Maria and Alice. the wolf bit my shoulder and I screamed in pain as its fangs dug into my skin. I threw the wolf on the ground and stabbed it but I didn't work my hidden blades weren't made of silver. I looked at Alice and Maria "RUN!" I shouted. they took off running toward the hunters. I was surrounded by 3 members of Lycaon's pack. the kept walking closer and closer towards me causing me to back up into a tree. Fuck my life. one lunged and bit down on my leg. the other ones attacked and started biting all over. I pushed them off and saw a small silver dagger on the floor. I picked it up and started attacking them. I managed to kill them but my adrenaline wore off and I finally felt my injuries. I collapsed onto my knees.

I saw Lycaon come out of the woods. "well well well. look what we have here" he said walking around me. "I'm gonna kill you, Jackson". He lunged at me and I held out my arm and he bit me and dragged me. I punched him trying to make him stop. there was a yelp and my arm was dropped. I saw Lycaon run into the wood. I looked to see who my savior was. It was Pheobe. she gasped when she saw me and ran at my side.  she applied pressure on a bite that was on my side. I hissed and went to push her hands away but she stopped me. "Percy I know it hurts" I nodded my head. "PERCY!" I hear. Maria and Alice ran over and kneeled next to me. "h-hey girls" I said I acknowledging them. " You guys okay?" I asked them. "we're fine.. but you" Maria cried. "just glad your okay," I told them.  My breaths were getting shorter and shorter. Pheobe noticed this and screamed for help. Soon all the hunters ran over. Artemis and Thalia ran over to me. Artemis wasted no hesitation and yelled for Apollo. "Hey Artemis, what do you need?" Apollo asked flashing in. "Apollo, Percy's hurt," Thalia told him. Apollo quickly picked me up and ran me to the medical tent. he laid me down on a bed "sorry about this Perce" he said and touched my forehead causing it to go black.

My body felt like it was on fire. I fall off my bed and scream as my shoulders shifted. It lasted for 2 minutes before it suddenly stopped. I looked around and I felt smaller. I ran to my mirror and stared at my reflection. I was a wolf with black fur and green eyes. My only thought was 'I'm so fucked'.