Twenty Four

Thank you again for all of your support,can't believe how many people have read this book. Thanks to everyone for voting and commenting, you all make me smile. And thanks to @Leyshel, @Moniquasims101, @Keysbydoor, @John_Native_American and @Lovebug94 for fanning me, it really means a lot. Anyways I hope you enjoy it x

**************************************************************************************************************

Abby sat up, startled. It was pitch black, the middle of the night. Her heart raced, she felt as if the darkness was surrounding her, clawing at her with sharp talons, begging to be let in.

He was here.

Searching the shadows she held her breath. There, in the corner, slight movement. He stepped into view, a cruel grin etched on his face.

"What do you want?" she asked.

He walked towards the bed, those black holes holding her gaze. Sitting down beside her he cocked his head to the side, just staring at her, taking her in. She was frozen to the spot, her hands gripped the covers. His hand reached out, he drew his finger down the side of her face, leaving a trail of ice in its wake.

Her eyes widened as he gently tucked her hair behind her ear, he smirked at her as she flung her hand out and knocked his hand away.

"Don't touch me" she hissed.

Ignoring her request he leaned forward and whispered in her ear.

"Abby, you know exactly what I want, say yes"

His voice sent shivers down her spine, it was compelling, she turned her head to face him, her breaths coming out short and fast. She stared into the black abyss, there noses almost touching. Her head was telling her to accept him.

"You know deep down you cant be happy here, I can give you everything you need, you only have to say yes"

The word was on the tip of her tongue, she felt this desperate need to just to give in to him. She was trying hard to remember the reasons why she was here. Why should she stay here? What could these people possibly offer her that this man couldn't, she could sense the sheer amount of power running through him, it called to her, it sung to her.

"Come on" he cajoled "You don't want to be responsible for any more deaths now do you? If you come with me now, your friends will live a long happy life"

Her mind snapped back into place like an elastic band, rearing back she looked at him with horror.

"What?" she whispered.

His face turned to pure rage, he had lost her. He had been so close, she had been on the verge of giving herself to him. It had to be that boy and his friends, he hald'nt realized how strong her ties to the others were, but no matter, they would be her downfall.

"You want to protect them, don't you?" he asked

How dare he, Abby felt the rage course through her. She couldn't believe that she had almost said yes. It was just a game to him, all he wanted was her, and obviously he would do anything, say anything to get her.

"I will protect them" she said with certainty.

"If you don't come with me you will never be able to protect them, I will follow you to the ends of the earth and I will destroy anyone in my way, one way or another you will be mine."

"You cant reach us here and you know it"

He laughed at her comment, standing up he looked down on her.

"We shall see, be prepared Abby, I give you fair warning, youv'e had your chance, you will suffer before this is over"

He blended into the shadows once more, the tension in Abby's shoulders eased, he had gone, for now. Without thought she jumped up and ran to Jarrod's room, the guard on Zane's door gave her a questionable look, ignoring him she walked in without knocking.