Chapter Four

Abby had no clue how this had happened. After Mr. Carter’s revelation Abby had somehow been forced to agree to go to his boarding school.  She had no idea what a Damphyr was, the only way she would be able to find out was by going to this stupid school.

Mr. Carter had promised that if she went willingly to his school she would learn all about what she had become  and be able to learn to control her powers as he had called them. She didn’t really believe she had any powers, but she had no choice, she had no family to back up her choices.

He had personally driven her himself. It was late at night when he said,

“Abby, were approaching the gates now, won’t be long before we get you settled in”

With no response she eagerly leaned forward hoping to get a glimpse of her new school. It was so dark that all she could see up ahead were three houses the size of mansions, they were very impressive. Pulling up to the farthest one the engine went quiet and Mr. Carter got out and grabbed Abby’s bags.

“Alright abby it’s late so you can just go and get yourself settled in now, your room number is 116, you have a roommate who is no doubt asleep right now, and she will fill you in on your schedule tomorrow.” He said handing her a key and with that he turned and drove off in his car leaving Abby a bit stunned.

Well so much for being Mr. helpful she thought as she picked up her suitcase, while slinging her bag over her shoulder. Marching up the steps she pushed her way through the door and gasped. The hallway was lit up and if she thought the outside of the building looked good it was nothing compared to the inside.

Gold chandeliers hung from the ceiling giving out a majestic glow, the floors were white tiles, which kind of sparkled. Straight ahead was a lift with a sign beside it. Good her room was on the second floor she thought, while pressing the button.

As the elevator doors pinged opened Abby walked out and looked up and down the corridor, it was all so clean and beautiful. Locating her room she quietly opened the door trying to not let too much light in. Not being able to see much she could just make out the shape of two beds, one in either corner. Wondering which one was hers she tip toed closer and could just see a mound in the bed on the left. With a sigh she crawled into her bed without getting changed, she was exhausted. She drifted off quickly wondering what her new roommate would be like.

“Owww” something soft had just smacked Abby in the face accompanied by a chorus of giggles’. Groggily sitting up she realized someone had thrown a pillow at her. Looking across the room she saw a girl, who was obviously her roommate.

She was about the same height as Abby with short blonde hair and she was beautiful.

“Hey sorry about that, you sleep like the dead “she said giggling “My names Leah and your Abby right?”

“Um yeah nice to meet you Leah, don’t worry about it I’m normally a light sleeper but it was a long drive”

“No problem, but it’s time for you to get dressed, classes will start soon, I thought I could give you a quick tour before breakfast”

Wow nothing like being thrown in at the deep end, she thought she would at least get one day to adjust.

“Bathrooms through that door”

“Thanks”

Going through her suitcase Abby grabbed a pair of light denim jeans and a black tank top and headed for the bathroom. It was just as beautiful as the room, all glistening white; it had a shower and a bath. This is better than home thought Abby as she stepped in the shower. Not wanting to waste any time she hurried through her routine and tied her long curly hair up into a high ponytail.

 Leah seemed really nice; hopefully things wouldn’t be as bad as she thought.  Running back into the room she grabbed her favorite black converse shoes throwing them on and hastily grabbed her backpack that rested on her suitcase.

“All ready” she announced.

Leah clapped her hands excitedly making me smile.

“Were going to be great friends Abby, come on”

Abby laughed and followed her out.

“Well obviously this building is our dorm, and by our I mean all the girls, the building on the far left houses the boys, were not really supposed to go there after nine but we have our ways” she said with a smirk.

Walking to the front of our building she pointed to the building in the middle.

“That were we have our classes, behind that is the gym, and behind the gym a bit further away is where the teachers stay, we are never aloud there. Well go over your schedule during breakfast; see if we have any classes together”

Leah turned to go to the back of our building, this girl was seriously happy happy; she talked a mile a minute.

“Where we going now”

“Breakfast is this way”

I followed her around to a dome shaped building; god how big was this place anyway. Walking through the doors I could see the cafeteria, already there were lots of other students milling around. Joining the queue Leah turned,

“Just take whatever you want well go sit with my friends okay, I’m sure you’ll like them”

“Okay”

Grabbing some cereal, an apple and some orange juice I followed her to an oval table at the back were three other students were sitting, two boys and a girl.

“Abby this is Aiden, Cali and Jacob, guys this is Abby”

They all smiled at once. Aiden looked like the shy quiet type, he blushed and waved slightly at Abby, it was cute. Cali was just as beautiful as Leah; she had long straight dark hair to her waist and a rosy complexion.

Wow Jacob was one of the sexiest people she had ever met, he was taller than Abby, and he had short black hair, piercing blue eyes and the sexiest smile she had ever seen.

“Hey sexy” he said as everyone else rolled their eyes.

“Hey” she said sitting down beside Leah

“So Jacob where’s Jared this morning?”

“He’s getting his morning fix hell be here at lunch” he said with a smirk.

“Morning fix?” said Abby with a look of confusion.

“Never mind” said Leah “Let’s have a look at your schedule” she said pulling it out of her bag.

“Oh Goody” she cried “We have Origins together first, then you have history of the Species”

Abby’s eyebrow rose at that one and everyone laughed.

“Then you have Defense class, I’m in that one too, so is Jacob and Cali, then lunch, and then discover your powers, study period and finally The Laws of our World”

Abby wasn’t sure what to say to all of this, it was all too weird.

“I don’t understand any of that but ok”

“Don’t worry” said Aiden with another blush “Well help you”

“Ok, but you guys have to tell me something, are you all Damphyr’s like me?”

They all looked at each other,

“Well Leah and me are Damphyrs too, but Aiden is an elemental and Cali is a witch”

Abby looked at Jacob with shock.

“Witches, elemental’s, god this is so weird I don’t know about any of this, I don’t even know how I became a Damphyr”

They all looked at her in confusion.

“Well it’s because of you parents carrying the gene” said Leah

“My parents” said Abby “My mom is human.

“Oh sweetie, don’t you know? Your dad was a Vampire.”