Chapter Twenty Nine

Hey everyone, hope you enjoy this next chapter. Thanks to all my new fans and to everyone who's reading. I'm trying my hardest to get back to everyone's comments, if I havn't replied I havn't forgotten about you x x

"Abby, Abby"

Abby stirred at the sound of someone calling her name. Slowly opening her eyes, she looked up, Aiden's face hung over hers.Taking in his features she could tell he was tired, his hair was a mess and he had smudges of dirt on his cheek. He still looked adorable though. She smiled up at him.

"Sorry" he said

"It's okay, what's up?"

"Erm, it's your turn to take watch"

"Okay, no problem, why don't you try and get some sleep"

Aiden's shoulders slumped with exhaustion "Thanks" he said before heading over to his blanket. Within moments Abby heard a soft snoring coming from his blanket.

Reluctantly she pulled herself from Jarrod's warmth, sitting up she rubbed her hands over her face to wake up. Moving quietly she grabbed her sword and headed into the trees just beyond the camp.

She stood for a moment taking in the beauty of the forest, it was nearly morning, she must be the last watch. It was so peaceful here, the only sounds were that of the wildlife. Looking up above her head she honed in on a birds nest, she smiled as the mother was feeding her young their breakfast.

 Closing her eyes she scanned the area surrounding them, finding no threat she relaxed. She still couldn't quite believe that they had been in such a fight last night. From the moment she was in that car accident she had just been thrown from one situation to the next.

Sometimes it was hard for her to recall her life before, she was getting so caught up and lost in this supernatural world she felt like she was holding on to her humanity by a thread.

She couldn't believe she held the power that could crush this world, if she gave in to the Creator. Sometimes she just felt like giving in to him, to make it stop. She would be hunted her whole life, her family and friends with her, this isn't the life she wanted for herself let alone anybody else.

There seemed no way out for her. She felt like she was trapped in a box, that was getting smaller and smaller each day. One thing she was certain of was that she had to defend those she loved, in the end if that meant giving herself up she would do just that.

Right now she had more love around her then she ever had in her entire life, she wouldn't let anyone take that away from her. Her mind was still reeling over Zane's confession, deep down she knew there was more to his story, weather he was aware of it or not.

Like it or not she now had a Father and a brother. Both she and Zane had been dragged in to this, both taking on the sins of their fathers. Abby still felt weary of Julius, she knew he meant her no harm, but she knew nothing about him, save his existence in this world. He had a connection with Selena, and she would really like to know what it was.

Her thoughts blasted from her mind as she felt that sudden pull, a whoosh of air. She made her way swiftly to the camp, to Marcus's side.

He lay facing away from her, fast asleep, one arm curled under his head the other under his blanket.

"Marcus" she whispered.

Reaching a hand out to his shoulder, he turned as quick as lightning, his sword came from underneath him resting on Abby's throat. He gazed at her a moment before his eyes focused.

"Sorry" he said sheepishly.

"Um, yeah, you still have your sword at my throat"

"Habit" he replied moving his sword.

Abby realised even though she classed Marcus as a friend, they didn't really know that much about him. It was obvious that he knew what he was doing which begged the question, How? Had he fought in a war before?