Chapter Twenty Eight

Hey guys, I'm so sorry it has took me so long to update, I hope you like it. Thank you to all my new fans and to my old ones for all their support. Happy reading x

**************************************************************************************************************

The group stood with there swords drawn, there backpacks sat securely on their backs. The council stood in the far corner conferring with one another. The tension in the room was growing by the second, no one had anticipated an attack so soon.

Zane stood between Abby and Calli, the rest of the group stood further apart, their distrust of Zane clearly evident. Abby's father walked to the divided group.

"The council are preparing the portal now. Selena thinks the Demons have a witch with them, sooner or later they are going to break through the wards"

"What about everybody else, we cant just walk away and let all these people suffer because of me" said Abby

Jacob nodded his head

"Yeah were ready to fight"

Julius turned to him in a flash.

"Have you ever fought a Demon before?"

"Erm no"

"You have no idea what your up against, your all just children, the best way to deal with this is to take you somewhere safe, somewhere were he will never be able to find you"

Abby snorted.

"We cant hide forever, at some point we are going to have to fight him"

Julius shoulders stiffened.

"You can and you will, I will not let you put yourselves in any more danger. This is because of me, I took away the power he needs, I will fight him"

Abby stared at him in shock, was he serious? They couldn't run, that wasn't a solution, she knew without a doubt that The Creator would chase them to the end of the earth if he had to.

"That's ridiculous" she spluttered "What is that going to solve? We need to fight him, he can't really touch us if we don't agree, but we have to protect the others. I'm not just going to sit around while everyone else suffers. How dare you just waltz in here trying to tell us what to do"

That familiar anger coursed through her veins, she thought he had come to fight by her side, not to hide her away like some secret. The sound of a cry saved him from hearing exactly where she wanted him to go.

Closing her eyes she reached out to just beyond the castle, Selena was right, she could feel the magic of a witch, a strong one. The wards were down. She could feel the presence of evil entering the castle, their sheer joy as they brought down the guards.

"There's no time, there here"

Everyone looked shocked, Abby didn't think that they thought the army would get through there defences. The council were still in the back preparing. The whole group stood arm to arm side by side in front of the council.

"Hold the line until the portal is ready, once it's open don't look back just go straight through" said Julius.

No one answered, even though they had never been in a battle before they had hardened themselves, prepared to die for those they loved. The sound of pounding footsteps vibrated through the halls. The doors exploded off their hinges and flew across the floor. They were here.

The Demons entered slowly, stalking there prey. They were as black as night, there whole bodies covered from head to toe in scales. If it had been dark they would have blended in to the shadows perfectly if it haldn't been for there bright yellow eyes. The two groups took each other in both awaiting someone to make the first move.