Chapter Thirty

Hey so sorry for the late update, have been so busy lalely. This isn't the best chapter more a filler really, because ive been so late with the update i'm working on the next chapter straight away. Thanks for reading, voting and commenting x

Jarrod laughed as Abby practically ran to the cabin, it was the first time in a while that she seemed genuinely happy to be somewhere. He was grateful that he could share a bit of her childhood with her.

It wasn't very big, but surprisingly enough it looked well kept. Abby led him through the door, the others hung back, knowing that she needed to relive this little bit of her past. She stopped in the living room, it was sparsely furnished, a couple of chairs and a side table.

She pointed to the old fashioned fire place.

" During the nights we spent here sometimes me and my mom would curl up in front of the fire place, toasting marshmallows, my mom would tell me story's until I fell asleep"

Jarrod saw the longing in her eyes. 

" I wish I could have met her" he said " I bet she was just as beautiful and strong as you are"

Abby beamed at him.

"She was the best, I think she would have approved of you"

Jarrod laughed.

" I'm not to sure about that"

Grabbing his hand she led him through the small house, it was going to be a tight squeeze for them all. There were only two bedrooms, as Abby entered the main one Jarrod stood at the doorway as she longingly ran her hands over everything.

She sat on the bed, picked up one of the pillows and clutched it to her breast, taking in a deep breath she inhaled the scent.

"I can still smell her" she said with awe.

Jarrod walked swiftly to her side, embracing her, he watched as silent tears ran down her face.

"I'm so sorry you lost your family Abby"

She looked at him with watery eyes, running her hand over her face she smiled.

"I will always miss her, but now I have an even bigger family, and I will be eternally grateful for that"

Abby could hear the others outside getting restless, pulling herself together she grabbed his hand and dragged him back to the door.

"Better let the others in" she smiled, quickly pecking his lips.

When she opened the door the others looked at her expectantly, she smiled, gesturing with her arm to let them in. They all trudged in, her father was the last to come in, he gave Jarrod a glare.Abby shot daggers at his back, she snorted, now he was trying to play the father figure.

"One night" Julius stated "One nights rest and then we get back in the game"

Everyone just rolled there eyes, they all knew the situation they were in. Leah and Calli sat on the couch, Selena sat on the sole chair, the boys lounged on the floor. Just to irate Julius Abby went and sat on Jarrod's knee on the floor.

"Selena can take the main room, the girls the other, and the boys can all sleep in here" Julius said.

Jarrod groaned "Have you heard Aiden snore?"

Everyone laughed as Aiden threw himself on the floor and mocked snoring. Julius grunted and then left the room. Jacob held his hands up.

"Sorry, no time for games"

Selena smiled.

"Don't mind him, don't forget he's very old, he's just stuck in his ways. He's not used to being around children, you need to give him a break"