Chapter 46

Camila's POV

Around lunchtime Lauren came into the house like a lightning, passed directly from me and climbed upstairs, as if she was on a life or death mission.

There goes the wonder woman.

I went to prepare something for lunch, so as a good person I am, I decided to prepare a little more to share with 'my sister'.

I went upstairs to her room, to call her to come and eat lunch, I knocked her door and waited a moment. I heard her move in there and then opened, blocking my vision of the room. Strange.

"Hey, did you decide to go on strike and talk to me?" she asked, closing the door behind her.

I shook my head.

"Hm, then what do you want?" she asked again

I sighed, indicating the room with my head.

"What is it Camila, that's ridiculous. Tell me" she said

"Lunch."

I turned around, leaving her alone. Some time after I went down, she arrived. She helped herself eat and left the kitchen, returning to her room. Oh God, I hope she's not doing anything that I wouldn't do.

I spent the rest of the day wandering around the house, having nothing to do or with whom to talk. I gave a glance to the jar of sticks, those little sticks that left Lauren very entertained, could she do the same with me? Obviously I didn't try to find out. There are so many other things to do to think about that.

Sometimes I heard some strange sounds and some vulgarities coming from up the stairs, my curiosity got bigger and bigger.. What is it that has her so busy?

Lauren's POV

My ​​genius idea was costing me more work than I imagined. I was already going to complete 6 hours of searching, 6 hours talking to myself, repeating and repeating the same words.

I was about to throw the laptop out of the window, without putting up with that shit anymore, but I made things become like this and now I'm about to fix them.

I clicked on 'listen' for the twentieth time, sighed and repeated the same phrase again. Stupid. This still isn't right.

I threw myself on the bed and placed my hands on my head, sighing, tired of all this.

The situation became even more difficult, whenever my mom or dad entered my room, for some reason that I don't know, and I had to close everything on the laptop and consequently lose everything. Starting from zero again.

I got up and went to the computer, put on my headphones and listened again.
I repeated, I listened, I repeated. Many times in a row.

I checked again what I was doing, to be completely sure that everything was fine and that nothing could offend her. It was the only thing I needed to make the situation worse.

All right, I think I'm ready. I took a deep breath, looked once more at the computer screen and left. I found Camila with Taylor in her room.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked, looking at Camila directly.

She looked at me, distrustful "please?"

Camila sighed and got up, we went to my room.

'Ok Lauren, you can do this. Remember everything you researched.' I reminden myself

Camila's POV

We entered the room, where I quickly sat on the bed, knowing that something was bad waiting for me because of the seriousness she had.

Lauren moved her hair, I can tell she was nervous about something. But you never know..

"Camila,me.." my mouth was half open at the sound of a word being spoken in my language,

" me puedes" she continued a bit stuck, trying to remember something, trying to pronounce it well and the accent was inevitable "perdonar?" she said finally

I stared at her, my jaw dropped, my eyes watering and my heart in my throat. There were so many things that left me excited, the memory of my parents, the fact that she spent all day investigating this, trying to learn alone, looking for the right words and on the other hand the shy and beautiful way in which she pronounced them.

"Shit, I knew this wouldn't work. She murmured... I'm sorry, I promise you I didn't want to offend you, the woman in the video spoke so fast, it was very difficult to understand." She said quickly, without any pause, I remained silent, without strength to make it stop
"I swear I didn't meant anything bad..."

Then I threw myself into her arms, letting the tears stop coming out of my eyes.

Lauren stood in shock for a few seconds, but then wrapped her arms around my body and stroked my hair, while I hid my wet face on her neck.

Lauren's POV

For some seconds I didn't understanding anything, I swore that she was furious with me and had translated everything wrong, but now I have her in my arms, as my interior wanted. I held her by the waist with one arm, while with the other I caressed her long hair.

"Hey, don't cry.." I said, closing my eyes and slowly rocking her.

I gave a kiss on the top of her head, that made her tighten her arms even more around my body and consequently made me hug her closer.

It was impossible to control a small smile that came from the side of my lips, even though she had not seen it, it was for her.

Only.

After a little time, Camila make a small movement away so her face was a few inches away from mine and captured my gaze. Then I couldn't concentrate on anything, at that moment the only thing that mattered was her beautiful chocolate colored eyes.

"Those were the most correct words you could tell me." she said and smiled a little, between some tears "I know it must have been very difficult for you to learn them and not only that... but the fact that you did it, already disarms me completely."

I touched her cheek, wiping the tears that fell.

"Am I forgiven?" I asked, without losing eye contact

"You are." She said in a sigh, moving a little closer

My gaze fell to her lips, I removed my hand from her hair and placed it around her waist, next to the other, without squeezing, only leaving it there, affectionately.

"If you don't want me to do something stupid, take some steps away." I warned calmly, still looking at her lips

"One more stupid thing well, what makes the difference right now?" she answered, using the same tone as mine

Then a beautiful smile formed in that place that I wanted to feel so much. I brought her closer, leaving her body again next to mine, and now it was my turn to smile. A sincere smile, spontaneous that certainly made my eyes shine.

It was enough for her to place her lips on mine.