Chapter 77

Camila's POV

I knocked twice on her door, a little shy and I didn't wait for an invitation to enter, because I didn't know if she would let me in. Lauren was sitting on her bed with control of television in her hands, passing channels.

“Can I talk to you?” I asked, still standing by the door.

She just nodded

“You saw me with Harry, didn't you?”
I looked at her, walking a few steps to the front. She only nodded, without looking at me.

“I don't know exactly from what moment you started to see us, but I didn't...” I left what I was saying, looking at her.

“Is it too much to ask you to look at me?” she resisted a moment, but then she looked at me.

“Ok.. I didn't kiss him Lauren” I said and
she nodded, while an ironic expression formed on her face “seriously, it was a joke, he put his hand between our lips”I explained, calmly.

“Why the hell would he do that?” definished speaking “tell me the truth Camila.. even a blind man sees that he dies for you.”

“You are seeing things where there are none, yes, Harry likes me, but only as his friend” I replied

“Camila, for God's sake, don't be naive” she said and made an expression

“I'm not being naive, I know the way he likes me .” I said and faced her

“Okay Camila, okay” she said and looked at the television again

“Hey what the fuck Lauren, Harry is gay!” I saido, because i felt so many irritation.

“You're trying to see my face, right?” she said and looked at me “he isn't gay, for shit.”

“Remember me, he is. I affirmed, now that I had already said it, to be screwed.
I don't know why everyone believes that all gays have to take a bubble bath” I said and crossed my arms “he doesn'tt have to walk shouting that to the four winds...”

“Why did you never tell me?” she asked, confused.

“Why would I tell you?” I raised an eyebrow “I think if had a little bit trust in me you wouldn't have to be so insecure or even with your lips almost on your feet because of a joke” I said

“I doubt that you would trust me if I brought a heterosexual friend to the house and sat her on my lap, as you do with Harry...”

And only then did I realize that we were discussing how, well, girlfriends. Then I decided not to continue with that to avoid being an idiot.

“I don't know what my reaction would be.”  I said and to ended the matter

Then I went to one of the corners of her bed and I crawled until it was between her legs, I stayed there and I looked at her, covering her vision of the television.

“And now, apologize?” I asked, she tried not to look at me, making herself ‘eh?’ I tilted my face to the side she was looking at.

“Well are you going to ?” I brought my lips to her, giving her several kisses on her cheek. She was ‘uncomfortable’, I noticed that and I wanted to laugh

“I apologize or I don't know what to do..” I told her

“My fucking God, you're very romantic.” she said laughing and grabbing me by the waist, making me fall on her, in a clumsy hug. I kept looking at her face, while she laughed wildly.

“So is that a yes?” I asked, laughing.

“Yes” she said  rolled her eyes, I sat between her legs, she hugged me, while I leaned on her chest.

Lauren's POV

Camila didn't take long in my room,
as she always does, she comes, provokes and leaves. It has become a routine.

I grabbed my cell phone and looked for Drew's number. At the third tone he attended.

“Yeah?” he said hoarsely, like someone who just woke up.

“I can't believe you're sleeping so late, you're getting old, Drew.” I said

“Did you just call me to make fun of me?” he asked, even in his hoarse voice.

“I didn't” I answered, while I managed to stop laughing “I need to talk with someone” I admitted.

“Well tell me” he cleaned his throat to try to improve his voice.

“You know, when someone enters your life and a part of you says that you aren't a little ready, but the other tells you; make hers your forever?” I sighed, at the end of the sentence

“I'm still asleep or are you really liking someone?” he said surprised.

“Without questions Drew, just answer” I asked.“My head is completely confused”

“Okay, okay” he agreed “ you have to do what your heart tells you” he advised me
“I know it's scary, I also went through that, but certainly afterwards everything will be fine.”

“Drew, it's different... you.. are..”
I tried to find the word I wanted to say
“normal...” it was the best I found.

“I am full of problems, vices...” I said
“ I don't know if I can make her happy...”
I breathed deeply “or if I really want this, if it isn't something temporary.”

“I can't help you, if I don't know who the person is...” he said

“Camila” I answered, without thinking twice, “she isn't even from here, when she leaves, what will I do?”

“I KNEW IT!” he said cheerful “don't think about the future, think about the present.”

“It's clear that I have to think about the future, the future is here less than seven months away...” I informed him “it will hurt us both.”

“Do you know what the problem is?”
he asked and then answered
“besides all the obstacles that already exist you also have the ones that you are imposing, when you break the barrier that is inside you, things will become easier and the answer will come without you having to ask for advice...” he said at one time

I considered what he said and closed the session ‘asking for help’. As soon as I hung up the phone rang immediately, I saw Wesley's number on the screen.

“Hey Lauren. Do you want to go to the stadium to watch the game today? I have some things there to calm us down.” Wesley informed me

Stadium.

Game.

Calm down.

My body responded to that, making me return to a not so distant past.

My vice came out, my mouth went dry and my throat began to protest the lack of drugs.