Chapter 22: JUST

Today is Saturday, 1 week since Karylle found out the truth about Peter.. It's already 5 in the afternoon, so she decided to go ahead because today is Julius' Birthday!!

Karylle is preparing her things in her desk when her phone rang....

-Tita Lani's Calling-

K: Hello??

Julius: Ate Ganda!!

K: Oh Julius?!

Julius: Ate, matagal ka pa ba?? Kanina pa kasi kita hinihintay e..

K: Naku, baby!! I'm sorry.. Hindi ako makakapunta. May work pa kasi ako e..

Julius: Ahh! Pero ate, you promised me that you'll be here today..

K: Sorry baby boy! I really want to be there with you.. But i just can't.. (Smiling)

Julius: Sige ate wag na lang po.. (Sad tone)

Karylle can feel the sadness on his voice.. She is just teasing on him.. She wants to surprise him when she got home..

K: Ay! Nagtatampo na yung baby ko? Uy! Wag ka na magtampo.. Babawi ako sayo, promise!

Julius: But, promise is a promise! Bomba ka naman ate eh...

K: Hahhahh! Bomba talaga? Don't worry, pagdatong ko naman dyan may surprise gift ako sayo..

Julius: Gift!! Talaga ate?! (Talking excited)

K: Opo.. Kaya wag ka ng magtampo dyan, dahil di mo bagay baby.. Hahhahh

Julius: Si ate talaga! I'll just wait for you to go home.. Just don't forget my gift hah??

K: Opo, i won't.. But where is my kiss first??

Julius: (Chuckled).. Opo.. Mmmwwwaaaahhh!!!

K: Naks, sarap naman nun.. Hahhahh.. I love you baby!!

Julius: I love you too ate ganda! Sige po, hinahanap na kasi ni mama yung phone nya.. Bye bye!!

K: Bye!

-End call-

Karylle just smiled on her cousin's sweetness.. But Karylle did not notice Peter who secretly listening to her from his office door... The truth is, Peter really misses Karylle.. It's been 1 week since he avoided K. Then, he got an idea on how will he simply talk and be with Karylle.. He always asked for something like papers, files and he always asked her to encode something inside his office rather than to her desk.. *At least i can be with you even just for a moment K.*

-Flashback-

Peter: Karylle, hand over the file of Mr. Roman to me.. (Talking to K using the inter telcom)

K: Yes, Pe--.. Sir..

......

Peter: Karylle, come in the office.. (Commanding through telcomm.)

K: Yes sir?? (Enter the office)

Peter: Karylle, give me the plan for the Perez Building project.. I need to check it..

K: Ahhmm.. But S-sir, the plan for that project is not yet done...

Peter: Ah.. I-i'm asking for the draft one.. Yah! The draft..

......

Peter: Karylle, i want you to give this to Mr. Archie Gonzales.. Tell him to edit the costings..

K: Ok sir..

......

Peter: I want you to encode this written contract.. (Handed the paper to Karylle)