20 - Ukrainian Lullabies

Ian forced himself out of his bed.
He couldn't wait for Mickey to come back - it wouldn't happen.

He took a shower, trying to figure out where he was supposed to look for him.
Mickey had never told him where he lived, except that it was the Southside.
He knew Joeys place, but he had no idea how far away it was from Mickeys house or how long it would take Mickey to show up at the place again.

Ian put on jeans, a shirt and the jacket he wore at their first date, then he went over to Mickeys room.
No one had touched it since Mickey left.

Ian pressed his lips together and closed the door behind him to be alone in the room for a moment. Just him and Mickeys room.

He knew where Mickey hid his duffle bag with the money and the cookbook in it. He took the cookbook out and opened it.
He felt sick when he thought about how upset Mickey must have been that he even left the cookbook here.

He put it into the back and put most of Mickeys clothes in there as well, even if Mickey wouldn't want to see him or take him back, he deserved to get his things back at least - including the money for Mandy.

He decided to leave the sex toy collection behind, but his eyes fell on the photo next to Mickeys bed.

Mickey, Mandy, Mickeys best friend Svetlana and the bar-owners Kevin and Veronica.

The photo was taken in their bar, so that was the place he had to start at. If someone knew where to find Mickey, it would be Svetlana. It was even likely to find Mickey in that bar.

He took it out of the frame Ian had bought for Mickey back then and pocketed the picture.

He takes a deep breath and leaves the room again, downstairs he took his jacket and shoes, Fiona seemed to have heard him, she came up to the front door as well.

"Where are you going?" She asked softly.
"I will find Mickey. I will bring him his money and his stuff... I'll bring him back here if I can. I at least have to try."
Fiona sighed and pulled her brother into a hug.

"I'm happy you got up. Do you want me to come with you?"
"No, Fi... I have to do this alone."
"Okay, call if you have news, alright? And be careful."
Ian nodded and left the house.

He didn't even reach the gate when the front door opened again, and he heard footsteps running in his direction.
"Ian, hold up!" Lip called after him, he caught up to him quickly, "Hey, let me drive you to the south side alright? I-I can help you"

"I don't want your help" Ian growled.
"Please, come on, the Southside isn't safe"
"I don't need you as protector. Every time you try to be that you just ruin my and other people's lives. I don't want to see you, got it? Go back inside."

"No, listen okay? I feel bad for what I did... I know, I shouldn't have snitched to Frank like that... I've been selfish. I just want to help to make it right, okay? Look, we can take my car, it's faster than using the L."

Ian sighed and looked in the direction of Lips car. Using it was faster...
"Okay, we take your car.", he just stated.

Lip nodded and they quickly went up to the car and got in.
"Where to first? Do you know where he lives?"
Ian shook his head, "Joeys place, that's where we have to look first."
"Joeys place?"
Ian nodded, "Some abandoned buildings outside the city, I'll direct you the way."
Okay, Lip started driving, "Who's Joey?"
"None of your business."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lip stopped the car between the few abandoned buildings, looking confused at the holes in the walls and broken windows.

"He doesn't live here, right?"
"No. Stay in the car.", Ian opened his door.
"Wait, shouldn't I come with you in case someone is up there?"
"No one I don't want to see will be up there. You aren't allowed to come with me. Stay in the car."