Chapter 1

His Obsession

Chapter 1

Evangeline

I run as fast as my legs can carry me. My pants are hurting my lungs, but I need to keep going. I run and run. They're behind me, I must get away. "Stop her!" One of them yells, but I continue to run. Not stopping.

My legs are aching from all this running, yet I'm not stopping. I pass houses and corners, shops and few people. The only light I get is the one from street lights, as the sky is blacker than the feathers of a raven.

I'm starting to slow down from tiredness, I can hear them grow closer to me as they continue to run behind me. My heart beating faster than a race car in my chest.

My body is too tired to keep going, but the memories motivate me to continue, I can't go back there. The pain was too great that I will never live through it again.

They grow even closer, they're right on my heels. My head snaps back to see how close they are and then I turn back around only to crash into a wall.

Pushing my hand over my head to protect it in the fall, I prepare myself for the fall. But it never comes.

Strong arms wrap themselves around my waist and bring me to a muscular chest. Looking up I'm met with striking stone-cold dark blue eyes.

I gulp when I notice that I didn't crash into a wall, but a man. A strong man. He wears a black suit with a white shirt underneath and a black tie.

The man helps me stand up and I try to catch my breath, by all that running. "I'm so sorry, it was an accident" I begin to say but when he opens his mouth to speak. The men following me have arrived.

They're also out of breath but when they see me, their faces turn into evil smirks. I hide behind the man that I bumped into. "Please don't let them take me" I beg him.

Then their eyes wander to the man that I'm hiding behind. Their faces become pale as sheet, as if they've seen a ghost.

The man then takes out a gun. My eyes widen when I see the gun, their eyes do too. He points the gun at them.

"Leave!" He says, his voice is deep and so mysterious, yet holds so much power within itself. Even his voice screams power, as does he.

The men are quick to run away screaming like little children, good on them. "Thank you so much" I say as I face him again.

His gun now snaps to my head. A gasp escape my lips and fear rises within me as his gun is pointed at my head.

Tears form in my eyes. "Who the fuck are you?!" He asks, his voice sends shivers down my spine from fear. "...E..Evangeline.." I stutter.

"Evangeline" My name rolls of his tongue. The way that he says my name, does something to me., I feel my knees buckle and nearly turn into jelly.

Putting the gun into a gun holster that he has on his belt. I breathe a bit better when his gun has been put down.

"Leave and don't let me see you again!" He says and he doesn't even need to tell me twice, I begin to run again, in the direction that I was always going.

I run, this time not as fast and not in a hurry. Yet, the darkness does hold dangers and I've already been in enough danger for one night.

Entering my apartment, I slide down by the door and I breathe. Allowing my heart to relax a little, after the night I've had, I need that.

As the adrenaline is leaving my body, I feel myself growing tired and exhausted. The night that I've had has made me more exhausted than I thought.

My legs are hurting and my whole body is aching. I'm a horrible runner, and I've never paid much mind to gym glass while in high school.

I dress myself into pajamas and brush my teeth. Getting into bed and pulling the covers over myself, I let out a yawn. As soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm out.