Dara

I opened the door and tip toed towards her bed. I looked down at her with the biggest smile on my face, before I could gently wake her, her eyes started to flutter open.

She let out a moan before opening her eyes widely, "MOMMY!" She jumped into my arms "Hi my darling, how are you?" I asked setting her down "happy because you are here mama."

I chuckled and brushed a strand of hair out of her face. "Alright, lets get your brother up and then we can get ready for our vacation," I said excitedly.

She started bouncing up and down before darting out the room. " Bubby, bubby," she shouted down the hallway as I followed behind.

He sat up in his bed rubbing his eyes "whaa.." he whined.

She hopped on his bed while I hid behind the door, "guess what!?" He gave a yawn before asking "what?" She then started jumping up and down giggling, she pointed towards the door cueing me to come in.

"Mom!!!!" He flipped the covers open and ran into my embrace.

"My sweet sweet little man," I kissed his forehead "mommy, I miss you."

Those words hit my heart... hard. "I miss you to, honey." I get up and lead them to the restroom "let's get cleaned up and packed up for our special vacation."

As they were washing themselves I started packing their essentials. " Hey," I jolted a bit and twirled around "sorry did I startle you?" He chuckled and walked up to me to wrap me in his arms.

I let out a sigh "yes, just a bit, I'm in the middle of packing if you would like to help."

"What do you need me to do?" I gave him a smile "just get the kids out of the bath then get them dressed... oh and make sure they get some breakfast, I'll finish up packing their stuff and then get ours ready, ok?"

"Your wish is my command," he twirled his wrists and gave a bow "you are such a dork," I said laughing.

As I finished the kids packing I heard a little chaos in the kitchen. I looked at my watch, we have about two hours before we have to be at the airport.

I let out a sigh and walked down to see what was going on, I leaned into the wall with my arms across my chest.

The kids were running around the island while Chi-Won had his back turned away from them.

I cleared my throat and they all stopped and turned my way, "hi momma, are you going to have breakfast with us!?" My daughter asked.

"I will, once you guys stop chasing each other around the kitchen, it's dangerous and we need to eat up so we can get on the road," I said with a slight stern voice.

Chi-Won turned around "relax honey, we will get there on time, you two sit down now," he said giving them a soft and worried look.

Did I come off to harsh? I wanted to say something, but decided it's best not to and went back to packing. Not long after, Chi-Won came into the room.

He walked up behind me and rested his hands on my shoulders.

He gave my neck a gentle kiss before asking "are you ok, dear?" I gave him a head nod " yeah I'm alright, I just... feel as if the kids see me as a... well... a not so fun mother."

He gave me a confused look "you are far from a not so fun mother," he chuckled "what gave you that idea?"

"I'm hardly home and when I am home all I do is tell them to stop running, strop jumping, pretty much just stop having fun," I said while taking a seat on the edge of the bed.

He came beside me and pulled me into him, "You are working hard for those kids out there, Dara, so they can have the best life, a great mother makes sacrifices for their kids."

I grabbed his hand and held it "thank you, I just hope someday they see that," he cut me off "honey, they already do, those looks they give you when you tell them to stop doing whatever they are doing are not looks of anger or annoyance, they are looks of compassion, they know you work hard and don't want to cause anymore stress to you, you and I raised the most smartest children, there is nothing for you to worry about."

I let out a sigh of relief, I really appreciate his words, but something inside me says I can do better.

"You alright?" He asked giving me a gentle rock. "Yeah, I'm good, thank you," I said giving him a gentle kiss.

"Alright, lets get these bags into the car," he said slapping his hands onto his knees before getting up.

I followed him and picked up my bag along with the kids.

As soon as I got to the door way my phone started to buzz. I put the bags down and took out my phone to see a number I wasn't familiar with, "Dara, are you coming?" I heard Chi-Won ask.

I quickly give him a glance before looking back at my phone.

"Uh yeah, just a minute," I said before clicking my phone off and letting the number go to voicemail.

We all get packed into the car "are we ready!?" I shouted looking back at the kids. They chuckled and shouted back "let's go!"

I gave a sigh and leaned my head back... finally a family vacation.