Dara

Was there ever a moment in your life where you felt helpless? Where everything that could go wrong did?

Staring up at the ceiling a tear escaped from my eye, is it wrong for me to feel sorry for myself?

I heard the door squeak open and then the sound of footsteps approaching.

"Ah, you are awake," the doctor grinned "would you like some breakfast?"

I nodded my head "that would be nice."

He chuckled, but as soon as he did the sooner he stopped. He cleared his throat and flipped through his clipboard.

"Dara, the seizure you had last night could of effected you somehow," he said with concern.

"If you would like we can conduct some tests."

"Yeah, that will be fine, just one question," I stared at him tentatively.

"If it effected a body part that can be easily rehabilitated, will it be worth it?"

"Well, that is your decision whether or not it will be worth it," he answered.

I tried to get emotion from the tune of his voice,but I didn't catch anything.

He ordered the tests to be done in an hour. As I waited I tried to test myself, so far we know it hasn't effected my speech.

I raised the bed and raised my right hand. I start to wiggle my fingers one by one, then rotate my wrist.

I stretched the arm out, continuing this test with my left arm. My left arm was a bit stiff; however I was able to move it some.

As I flipped the cover off my body to test my legs, it was time for the real test.

The nurse wheeled me down to the room, "alright Dara, this will be a simple test," the nurse began while setting up the station.

"It shouldn't take long."

45 minutes went by and the test was over. "The Doctor will share your results in a bit, for now would you like oatmeal today?"

I nodded my head "that's fine."

She handed me a tray with a bowl of oatmeal, an apple, and milk.

In the middle of my meal the doctor walked in and took a seat. "Dara, it seems as if your left side is weaker than your right;however, you do have slight movement to your left side."

He carried on "with that being said you will possibly need to walk with a walker or cane for safe purposes."

I didn't have a reaction, anything the doctors tell me I feel completely numb to now.

I continued eating my breakfast in silence, I cleared my throat before asking a nurse "May I be taken to my room now please?"

"Sure," she set her papers down and wheeled me down the hall.

I was left in the room filled with silence. This is a scary situation for you really don't know what can happen next.

One moment I'm fine, the next I'm collapsing on the floor.

I do feel as if there is no reason to continue fighting, but I start to think of what I have and the people that love me.

They motivate me to continue this battle, even if I lose.