Minzy

I walked into the kitchen finding Chaerin taking out a box of left overs.

"Oh!" She exclaimed as she turned around.

Placing her hand over her heart she said "Minzy, I didn't hear you come in."

I laughed "I'm sorry."

She set the box down while opening a drawer to get a fork "what's up?"

I hesitated a bit "well, I got the chance to mention it to Bommie, but not you."

She furrowed her brows "go on."

"Jae and I are talking again and well, I said he could stay here."

Chaerin looked up at me with pierced lips.

I held my hand out "please don't give me a lecture, just say yes or no."

She exhaled before saying "he can stay if he will help with a payment."

I tilted my head "what kind of payment?"

She shrugged "that's between you two, whatever he can afford."

I hummed "alright deal."

"Will he be sharing your room?"

I looked at her as if she needed to ask. "Well, yeah you and Bom are already sharing a room, I can't think of anywhere else to put him."

Chaerin shrugged me off and walked out to the living room.

I shook my head at her slight remark as I followed her.

"Change of subject," I said taking a seat "what exactly do we have planned for Dara's birthday?"

"As of right now what is finished being prepped is the meal and cake," Chaerin trailed off.

"I believe we have finished the decorations as well."

I nodded "has anyone heard from Chi-Won?"

"Last I heard, he decided to let the kids live with their grandparents until he feels like himself again."

I clicked my tongue "Dara doesn't know about this does she?"

Chaerin shook her head "if I can, I'm going to try to keep it from her."

I understand everyone takes every situation differently. What I don't understand is why when something gets rough majority of the time people run to alcohol.

I've heard it numbs the pain, but only for a short time. Not only that it just causes more problems along the line.

It doesn't only effect you but others around you. This is the last thing Dara needs in her life, if she ever finds out I can't imagine how she'd take it.

"For her sake I hope she never hears about it," I mentioned.

"I'll be heading over tonight to grab his car from the hospital," Chaerin said.

"Do you think it would be a good idea leaving him a car?"

"That's what I am debating about, I'll check on him as well maybe that will help with my decision."

"Would you like me to go with you, I didn't care for the way he grabbed you given I know that was the alcohol, but still," I said with concern.

"Now that I think about it, I will need a ride back home," she chuckled.

We headed down the road towards the hospital. As we parked by Chi-Won's car I looked over at Chaerin.

"Do you think they would care if we come in for a quick visit?"

Chaerin looked at her watch "visiting hours was an hour ago, I don't want to push it."

I nodded my head, after her last seizure they restricted her visiting time. They told us they feel as if it may help with her stress levels.

We were a little hurt hearing that, at first we thought he was telling us we stressed her out. But, in the end we figured we could be.

Not that we mean to, but with everything that has been going on it probably does worry her some for some reason or another.

I followed Chaerin back to Chi-Won's house, as we pulled in I could tell he was in a depressed state.

The lawn didn't look freshly cut, weeds were growing from places they shouldn't be, and it looks as if Chi-won hasn't collected the mail.

Chaerin gave a quick knock with no response. She quickly knocks again, "is he even here?"

She turned the knob to our surprise it was unlocked. We walked "Chi-Won," Chaerin slightly shouted.

The house was quiet, but unlike outside it was clean and well kept. As we got closer to the stairs we heard the shower go off, "who's there?" We heard his voice come from the bathroom.

I sighed with relief, "Chi-Won, it's Minzy and Chaerin," I shouted up the stairs.

"I'll be out in a bit, please make yourselves comfortable."

With that we took a seat in the living room, he didn't make us wait long. He came down in a some pajamas with a robe over them.

He looked better than we last seen him, shaved and clean cut. I was happy to see him this way.

He slicked his hair back and sniffled "So, May I ask why you ladies are here?"

Chaerin dangled the keys "thought I'd bring your car back."

He chuckled "you trust me?"

She shrugged "eh, trust is a pretty strong word."

He snorted and took a seat "set them on the table."

"Look, I wanted to apologize for my actions," he said with his eyes casted to the ground.

"I wasn't myself, given that's not an excuse, I shouldn't of been drinking so heavily."

He shook his head "I'm also sorry for my harsh words."

"Chi-Won, we appreciate your apology, but how are you doing?" I asked with concern.

He nodded "after a couple of days feeling sorry for myself, I realized the pain Dara is going through right now."

"I told myself to stop and use Dara as my strength to get through my pitifulness, if she can stay strong during this fight, then so can I."

I felt at ease hearing this from home knowing he is doing better. "I'm proud of you," Chaerin said.

"What about the kids?" I asked.

Chi-Won chuckled "I'll pick them up this weekend, I let them stay with their grandparents just until I fought this feeling off."

"Chi-Won, if you ever feel alone you know we are family, we are here for you, please turn to us and not the booze," I said.

He nodded his head "thank you, Minzy."

"