Bom

We rushed into the hospital after the phone call. We were not sure what to expect for Chi-Won was the one who called and told us to rush over.

As we walked in and turned the corner to the receptionist, Chi-Won cut us off.

"I'm sorry for calling all of a sudden," he began "Dara had another seizure, this time it seems as if it's more serious than the first."

Chaerin couldn't control herself any longer, she bursted into tears as I came up to embrace her.

We all lost it, "as far as I know she's being examined and they are doing everything they can to get her stable."

I had no words, as soon as it seemed as if she was doing well this happens.

It took the doctor two hours to update us, with a sigh "we have her stable now; however, we won't know if she will be effected by this one or not until morning."

I looked at him bewildered, "until morning?"

I take a look at the clock 8:30 P.M. The doctor nodded his head "we put her to sleep, we figured it would be the best thing for her."

Chi-Won moaned "are we allowed to visit, even though she's asleep?"

"I don't think that's a good idea right now, we will check on her every hour," the doctor assured us "if anything happens we will contact you immediately."

Chi-Won nodded his head and stuck out his hand. The doctor shook it with a firm grip. "Thank you," Chi-Won softly said.

We get out to the parking lot and stand there for a bit in silence.

Chi-Won started to break down "I'm losing faith," He confessed.

The girls and I huddled up to him with nothing much to say because we pretty much felt the same way.

He stopped for a minute "I mean, I haven't told the kids the true reason why she hasn't been home."

I was taken back "what?" I didn't realize the tone of my voice until Minzy shot me a look.

"How am I suppose to explain to two kids under the age of 6 their mother is this sick?"

He threw up his hands "I fail as a father."

Chaerin grasped his shoulder "you are not a failure, you are doing what you think is right."

"Am I?" He scoffed at her shaking his head.

"How am I suppose to tell them they are possibly losing their mother?"

Minzy snapped back "what makes you think we are losing her, huh?"

"You don't know that, we don't know that, yes these are troubling times, but you can't make that kind of assumption!"

Chi-Won looks Minzy up and down as if she was a joke. "What gives you any right to talk to me that way?"

"What?" Minzy flinched at his tone.

"You girls left her for five years, didn't bother to call once," he said with heavy breaths "now that she is falling gravely ill you all decide it's a great time to come back."

This was a little odd behavior coming from Chi-Won. Given I don't know much about him personally, but from the stories Dara has told us.

This does not seem like the Chi-Won she fell in love with. I walked towards him with compassion, as I got closer a strong stench of alcohol escaped his mouth.

He wasn't himself, it was the alcohol talking. As I recall, he isn't a drinker and now is a terrible time to become one.

"We came back because our friend called us in a time of need, we didn't have to," I spat "we could of ignored her call and went on with our lives."

Chaerin pulled me back and looked at Chi-Won "just because we lost touch for a while doesn't mean our bond isn't strong, if anything that break made it stronger."

She continued "now is not the time for this and it sure the hell isn't time for you to become an alcoholic, you have two kids to take care of and a wife fighting for her life!"

"Get your shit together," Chaerin choked up a bit, but remained firm.

Chaerin briskly walked up to Chi-Won, putting her hand in his pocket and pulled out his keys.

He grabbed her arm in protest, a gasp leaving her lips. He grabbed for the keys, but Chaerin dropped them to the ground while trying to escape his grasp.

I ran up and quickly grabbed the keys while Minzy went to help Chaerin free.

"I'm calling you a cab home," Chaerin said out of breath "you are too drunk to be driving."

"I drove here just fine," he said a bit out of breath.

"Pure luck," I mumbled.

We didn't leave until the cab came, as the cab took off Chaerin walked back into the hospital.

We followed behind, "what are you doing?" I asked.

But, Chaerin being the stubborn woman she is, ignored my question and walked straight up to the receptionist.

"Hi, could you possibly tell me who the main emergency contact is for Sandara Park?"

The receptionist clicked her tongue "sure."

She squints at the screen "it looks like her husband, Chi-Won."

"Is there a way I can change that?" Chaerin asked.

"May I ask why first?"

"He just isn't in the right mind set and I'm afraid if anything happens to Dara, he may not answer the call," Chaerin admitted.

The receptionist nodded her head "alright, who should I change it to?"

"Chaerin please," she handed the receptionist her contact information.

"Alright, it's in our system," she said with a cheery smile.

As we got out to the car Chaerin stopped at the drivers side "you know what?"

"What?" I asked.

"After tonight, I need some girl time," she shrugged her shoulders "how about we go grab a bite to eat at the diner?"

"Sounds good to me," Minzy said hopping into the passenger seat.

We pulled up to the diner and file into a booth. After the waitress came to give our menu's I looked up at the girls "you know, Dara's birthday is next week."

"I figured we throw her a slight birthday surprise," I suggested.

"What do you have in mind?" Minzy asked.

"Nothing drastic, I'm still working out the kinks," I placed my right cheek into my hand.

"When we get home tonight we can plan it out then, ok?" Chaerin assured me.

I gave a nod of approval. I want this birthday to be a day she feels special, a day dedicated to her.

She at least deserves that much.