Minzy

"Start the music," I instructed the DJ.

As the room filled with music I turned around to face the mirror and watched my dancers follow my steps.

The choreography came to an end and the room filled heavy breathing.

I turned around giving them a small clap "You guys did great!"

They gave me a slight bow before getting ready to leave.

I waited until everyone left and turned the music back on to practice a little bit longer on my own.

It wasn't until I was in mid practice my phone started to go off.

I paused the music and took out my phone to see my manager calling, "Hello?"

"Minzy, do you by chance know a woman named Dara?"

"Uh, yeah," I paused for a moment trying to catch my breath, "I do, why?"

"She just called my office trying to get a hold of you, I told her she can leave a message with me, but she didn't tell me much, she wants to meet at a old park you went to when you guys were younger tomorrow."

"Tomorrow, but that's the last day I can practice for the tour," she cut me off "Minzy, I know you have been staying afterwards of every practice this month, I think you will be ok."

I was taken back with what she just said, she usually wants me to keep working and try harder.

"Minzy, it sounded pretty serious, she mentioned she was an old friend and would feel terrible not telling you."

"I can't let this get in the way of my first tour," she cut me off once again "it's not getting in the way, it's just a small get together, Minzy, call it women's intuition, but I just have a feeling you need to go see her."

I rolled my eyes and gave her a slight sigh "we haven't spoken for five years, why all of a sudden am I getting this call now?"

"I can't answer that, to be honest that's a good reason to me to see what's going on."

I hate it when she is right, "fine, but it will be short and sweet, I don't have time for this." I hung up with frustration boiling up inside of me.

I shouldn't feel this way towards an old friend; however, this is my first tour.
I want it to go well, work hard and have success with this tour to go on others.

Taking a small break to speak to someone I haven't seen nor spoken to for five years, it just doesn't make sense.

I could feel my heart racing due to my frustration and the only thing I could think to do to calm myself down was to dance.

That night I danced to the point my legs felt like jelly. I checked the time and realized I've been dancing for five hours, fifteen if you count the practice from earlier.

I decided it was time to go home, then I realized I walked here and I have no energy to walk back home.

It was to late to call my manager to pick me up, so I decided to wait for the next bus.

On the ride home I decided to search Dara up on social media. I found a page of hers and seen nothing, but photos of her and her family.

If it wasn't photos of her family it was photos about her achievements she made during her time being a chef.

Time really flies, what could be so important she couldn't just leave a message?