Bom

Standing here practicing my vocals before my concert doesn't seem to be helping my nerves.

"You are stressing out, Bom," my manger said handing me a bottle of water.

I stopped my singing to take a quick swig, "if you don't stop practicing you will lose your voice for the night."

I chuckled at his remark "Wooseok, you are overreacting." He shook his head "I am looking after you, after all that is why you hired me."

I continued to ignore him and keep up with my vocal practice.

I was suddenly interrupted by one of the crew members who was sent back to let me know I was on in five minutes.

I quickly glance in the mirror to make sure I was decent looking and scurried as fast as I could in these heels.

"Ok Bom, you need to just stand in the middle of the dancers there. As soon as the music plays they will slowly start to pull away as we did during practice ," the crew member shouted over the screaming crowd.

I gave him a head nod and situated myself onto the stage, I took a deep breath before the music started to play. 

The dancers started to dance gracefully making me feel much more comfortable.

As the music started to play I couldn't help but feel a wave of emotion come over me.

Luckily being a professional at this I kept myself together and began my performance.

🎶Oooh, oh, oh, oooh
Oooh, oh, oh, oooh
Pull me down
끝없이 깊은 어둠 속으로
Baby, lay me down
떨리는 손을 네게 묶여버린 채로
나만 혼자인 같아
이대로 잊혀져버릴 같아 yeah
깨어있는 시간이 너무나도 괴로워 always🎶

I scanned the crowd as I approached them. All the happy faces, the tears of joy, fan chants, and the best part seeing them sing with me,  reminded me why I enjoy my job.

Reminded me why I do what I do and why I work so hard for this. For moments like this.

🎶 아름다운 oh, oh, oh (oh, oh, woah, yeah)
Oh, oh, oh, oh woah, woah
차가운 바람이 (바람이) 지나고 (지나고)
마음이 녹아내리면
다시 oh, oh, oh
마음에도 봄이 올까요 🎶

My performance comes to the end and the stadium filled with chants. I waved with both of my hands as I walked off stage.

Wooseok greeted me with the biggest hug, "Bom, you were incredible!" I couldn't hold my emotions in any longer and bursted into happy tears.

"W-What's the matter?" He handed me a tissue, "tonight just really gave me the confidence I needed, I wasn't nearly incredible as that crowd was tonight, Wooseok."

He chuckled "with incredible talent comes an incredible fan base!"

Tonight truly made me feel complete. I wish I had this feeling all the time.