Chapter 13: Truth untold

Warning; Slight mension of self-harm.

I stayed in my room for the rest of that day, refusing to leave my only safe place. No matter how long Jungkook stayed outside my door, begging me to open up and to forgive him, I didn't budge.

The only thing I knew was that his cries brought pain to my heart. But he didn't deserve to be hurt this time.

So I stayed inside my room, as Jungkook stayed outside it. He had been there for hours, the dark nights light shining in through my window being proof of that. But it was just an hour ago that he went into complete silence. His cries stopped and I didn't know if that should have worried me or not.

Around an hour later Jimin slowly opened the door to my room and looked at me. I felt bad about him seeing me like this, sitting here with swollen eyes and in pain, because I knew he felt guilty.

He walked up to my bed and laid down next to me, pulling me to his chest. "I'm sorry Tae." He whispered. I looked into his eyes with my teary ones and shook my head, "Don't apologize Chim, you have nothing to be sorry for." I reassured him.

"I shouldn't have brought it u-"

"No, Jungkook shouldn't have accused me and humiliated me like that. He is the one at fault, not you." I quickly shook my head and dismissed any thoughts he had saying any of this was his fault.

"If he trusted and loved me as much as he says he does, then he wouldn't have reacted like that." I cried. "Why does no one trust me? I'm not a liar Chim, I'm not a cheater. I'm not a bad person." My breathing was uneven as I let out quiet sobs.

Jimin teared up as well when he saw tears in my eyes. I knew that as my best friend, as my brother, he also felt the pain I was feeling inside. "He does love you Taehyung, please don't doubt that. And I know you're not any of those things, you're an angel. Jungkook is just, he's just really going through it Tae. He's still working on himself and he's done so well. He will have setbacks and moments of weakness like this, and that's not fair on you, I know. But he does love you, never doubt that." He whispered and pulled me to his chest to calm me down.

"He's been fucking up and dealing with things this year that has affected not only him but you as well. It's not fair on you for me to ask you to stay with him, because you don't deserve any of this. But Jungkook has made so much progress with everything, he's trying so hard for you. And I know it's hard to see it that way right now because of the anger you're feeling inside. But just know that Jungkook has deeper demons than you think. T-the things he tells us sometime Tae, the pain he vents to us about his in-insecurities, It's j-just you would-" Jimin cries out thinking about Jungkook, not being able to finish. That made me sit up and look down on him, feeling a sense of worry build up in my chest.

"What Jimin, What has he told you guys? Tell me please!" I said suddenly worried out of my mind.

"I c-can't Tae, he would never forgive me if I did." Jimin shook his head while crying, refusing to tell me.

I felt the lump in my throat grow, as I took both of Jimin's shoulders in my hands and shook him, "Tell me, Jimin! Tell me right now. Please, you're scaring me!" I cried.

"T-tae just plea-," I shook my head. "No Jimin, no. I need to know. This is Jungkook." I begged in a whisper. "It's Jungkook," I took his hands in mine and begged him. "I need to know when you guys are hurting beyond the ordinary. I need to know when you're dealing with anything else out of my knowledge, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if anything happened to you or the others. So please, Jimin. Please tell me."