Chapter 18: Old Town Road

"You know, he rides me like that as well." I heard Jungkook say out loud with a smirk on his face, as I rode on the horse towards him and the others.

We were at a place called 'Golden bay horse riding', where our managers had booked us a sunset coastal horse ride. Each of us had our own horse and it was evident that there were different levels of enjoyment within our group.

Jin hyung and Hoseok hyung were scared shitless. Which honestly didn't really come as a shock at all. They were known for being scaredy cats and I was sure they would live up to that name forever. Both of them had been complaining about how big the horses were from the minute they were sat on them, till now. They gave us all intense headaches, but none of us wanted to admit that they were really cute.

Namjoon hyung seemed pretty calm, but I knew he was a bit scared of horses. However, in contrary to the other two, he didn't complain at all. But kept apologising to the horse for some reason.

Suga hyungs body was sat on a horse, yes. But his mind was elsewhere. He was neither excited about or opposed to the idea of horse riding. He literally just tagged along. It was as if someone simply put him on a horse and told him to sit still and he's kindly obeying. He wasn't doing anything at all, but he was somehow the most fun to watch.

Jimin wasn't excited about riding a horse, he was excited about riding a horse with me. And he didn't miss out in telling me that over and over again. I loved that he was so happy to experience something new with me, but he had literally been staring at me since I got on my horse.

Jungkook. Oh, Jungkook. I had no idea what the hell that kid was doing. He was riding that horse as if he was a king or a knight of some sort. He looked so smug and kept commenting on how the others were doing everything wrong, when in reality he was screwing up more than them. I knew he was scared shitless as well, but he was good at hiding it. Jungkook thought we failed to hear his low shrieks everytime the horse jumped a little.

But we heard them.

And me. I believe I was enjoying this the most. I was familiar with horse riding as I had gained loads of experience from when I used to film my drama Hwarang. When I was first introduced to the sport I quickly learned that it made me feel liberated, it made me feel free. So I picked it up and soon came to love it. However, I didn't get to go horse riding often because of our busy schedules. But despite that, I loved it and I loved the fact that the managers surprised us with something I was good at and enjoyed.

Jungkook was also enjoying it. Well, not the horseriding. But me riding a horse, because that gave him the opportunity to throw out far too many inappropriate jokes.

My eyes widened at his dirty words and then quickly turned and glared at him, while all of our members groaned out, not wanting to hear any more sexual jokes coming from their maknae.

Well, except for one hyung.

"No he doesn't, you're the bottom." Hoseok butted in.

And Jimin screamed laughing.

So did the other hyungs and I, while Jungkook stopped smirking and gave Hoseok hyung a death glare.

"Ugh, hyung! How many times do I have to tell you that we both bottom and top?" Jungkook yelled out, frustrated.

We laughed even more at that. He put himself in the mud.

Jungkook simply huffed in return, as we continued riding towards the very top of the cliffs, overlooking the neighbouring island of Gozo. It was all so beautiful, a very peaceful view for the mind. I didn't know how the others felt. But for me this was a great opportunity for some healing. I felt great inside, riding in tranquility alongside my family.