Chapter 31: Gotta Go Insane to Stay Sane

Agust D got me fuuuuuuxked uuuuuuuup!!!!!!!!!!!

-----

Ever since the day of their fight around a week ago, when Jungkook once again broke things off with Taehyung, nothing had been the same.

Taehyung was more quiet, less energetic, constantly lost in his thoughts, and worst of all; he was avoiding Jungkook -- sort of. Jungkook had observed his boyfriend for the entirety of the week, studying his changes closely, and felt immense guilt soaring through his body because he knew that it was his fault, this Taehyung was his fault. They were back together, they didn't actually break up that night, but Jungkook knew that he had dug a hole not meant for his boyfriend to fall right into, but he did.

Jungkook's insecurities had finally taken its full effect on his loving boyfriend, who didn't deserve any of this.

Some parts of Taehyung was the same. He was still kind to all of them, he helped them sort out their issues by urging Jungkook and Jimin to sit down and talk things out properly, even though he was battling his own dark feelings all alone. Taehyung still cuddled up into Jungkook's arms every night, kissed him passionately and told the younger he loved him. But the difference was that Taehyung did it all during night time, right before bed. He avoided Jungkook during the day, as much as he could, and then kissed and cuddled him during the night right before bed.

Jungkook knew that Taehyung did this to avoid talking, the older ran away from them talking. They had barely spoken since that night of the fight and Jungkook was dying to hear his lovers beautiful deep voice. But the younger understood why his boyfriend was avoiding him; he was afraid that Jungkook would leave him again.

The younger finally understood, through his observations during the past week, that he hadn't let Taehyung fall into that dark hole, he literally shoved him into it. He had let his insecurities control his actions so badly that he kept breaking up with Taehyung, and if he did not completely break up with him then he would at least break a small fraction of his angels heart every time he had an episode of panic, did something stupid, or simply acted like a jerk.

A little more than a year had gone by since he cheated on his other half, and only now did Jungkook finally learn that feeling sorry for yourself and letting the shadows of a past mistake control your life wouldn't get him anywhere, but broken hearted and without Taehyung.

Without Taehyung

The fear that started it all. Being without Taehyung was worse than a nightmare. Nightmares, no matter how many times you have them you'll always wake up from them. But a life without Taehyung, that was a reality Jungkook didn't want to face, because if it actually came true, then he wouldn't be able to wake up from it and that would be the end of Jeon Jungkook.

The mistake Jeon Jungkook made was that he mixed up the nightmares and reality. He forgot that Taehyung was right there, his lover was with him and vowed to never leave him. This wasn't a nightmare, this was reality. He was awake. So why did he let a nightmare control him? A nightmare, which he had already permanently woken up from.

Jungkook could do nothing more but sigh in sorrow, desperation and anxiety as he thought about everything, whilst lounging in the kitchen at 2am because of the lack of sleep he was getting this past week.

Taehyung was right there, yet he was so far away.

But Jungkook was awake now, he had been awake from his nightmare since that awful night a week ago, and he was determined to make everything right again. This time for good. But he just didn't know how.