Chapter 1|•Settled In

Book Cover:

•••

You know moving to a new town is never easy. I wasn't excited when I heard my father and I were leaving La Push and moving to Seattle. He recently got a job offer there that pays much more money and he decided to take the job.

I just graduated from college and my father insisted I took a few months for myself before I got a job and he would support me till then until I got a job.

I honestly wasn't excited about moving but my father was happy, so I was happy, the only thing that made me excited to move, was the fact that I was going to live next to my cousin Jacob, we had already told him about the arrangements and he was more than excited.

The house was once owned by my father's aunt, Brenda and her husband, George. They recently died and faith was on our side, around the same time my father decided to move to Seattle, we found out about their will, they left their house for us and a sum of, five hundred thousand dollars.

My father insisted that we use the money to fix up the house of needed and to use it wisely on any important arrangements.

When we arrived in Seattle I was surprised. The environment was indeed beautiful, the trees, the sunny weather which I admired the most and there were a lot of houses, but then I realised my father took a another route and it was more urban than the others.

I mean, the environment was still decent, but it has more trees than needed, if I may say. That's when it was clear that when my father stopped in front of a house, it was ours, in our garden it led to what looked like a forest. There weren't so many houses around but I could see a little lower down was a house, I couldn't make out the details since we were still in the car.

I opened the door and stepped out of the car, the house was absolutely stunning. It was a lovely cream colour, the window panes were lined with black. It had a carved stone path that led to the house with grass hedges lining the stone path to the house.

A smile crossed my face and I felt my father's arms wrapped around my shoulder, "Nice isn't it?" My father spoke and I nodded. "I'm glad you like let's go see inside." He said and kisses my head, " I think we're going to be just fine here"

The kitchen, dining room and living room was well kept. Very cosy indeed. I walked upstairs with my father right behind me, "This will be your room." My father said and I opened the door. I couldn't believe it, it was already well kept to be a girl room? My father and I were shocked but happy that it was already kept so we didn't have much to do.

After we were settled in I decided to surprise Jacob by showing up by his house, I made dad came earlier than usual just to do this. I told my father about it but he said he would meet them tomorrow that he still had some stuff he had to do.

I nodded understanding, I quickly got dressed wearing of one my blue skinny jeans, with a brown belt unbuckled in front with a fitted white navel breaker with short sleeves and wore my black and white converse sneakers. I wore my hair down and added light touches of make-up on and grabbed my keys, phone and lip gloss and headed in my way to Jacob's house.

It was pretty obvious that his house had to be the one next to ours, since we were moving NEXT to him and there were only these two houses in the area, from where I could see, but I didn't question it and to make sure it he was here, I saw his black jeep right in front the house.

I was nervous at first and kept my hands in my pocket. It took me a while but I finally got the courage to walk up the few steps and with my hands shaking I rang the doorbell.

I took in a deep breath and I saw a woman with a long scars on the right side of her face opened the door. I didn't want to make it obvious so I smiled at her, don't mind the scars on her face she was indeed beautiful and from her sincere welcome I could tell she was also a loving person.

"I'm Emily." She said. "You must be Lizzy." She spoke and I nodded, "Jacob was just telling me about you. Please come in." Emily said letting me in.

I walked through the door to see a room filled with shirtless men and a woman sitting on sofa. I was now the centre attention. It looks like Emily and that girl were the only women here. I then saw Jacob smiling and walking towards me.

"Hey cuz!" He said and hugged me. I hugged back smiling and he turned to face the men in the living room. Then one of the men teased, "Damn Jacob how a guy like you got a fine cousin like that!" Jacob rolled his eyes at him and the room was filled with laughter. He then introduced them to me by the names, Paul, Embry, Jared, Sam who was Emily's boyfriend and Leah.

They all seemed to be very nice, every thing was going fine until I accidentally tripped, losing my balance and falling backwards on to someone's bare chest. Then I felt the person's warm arms wrapped around my waist catching me from falling.

----------
What do you think so far?

LIKE. COMMENT. FAN. SHARE.

✔Alyssa