Chapter 3|•Family

"Dad! I'm ready!" I said and I rushed out the door. Today we were going to see Jacob. I remember yesterday my father said he would visit Jacob tomorrow and he lived up to his word. So we got dressed and my father and I made blueberry and chocolate chip muffins to carry, because I told him there would also be other people there.

It was dozen of each flavour, I remembered while Seth and I were going to the lake, he told me they liked muffins and they all stayed in that house. Well except for him and Leah, they still lived with his mom a little lower down from Jacob's House.

When we arrived at they house you could hear laughter from outside and I knocked on the door. I also told my father about Emily scars and not to stare and he nodded in agreement, more like I understatement but this time Jacob opened the door.

"Unlcle Maurice!" Jacob exclaimed giving him a big welcoming hug. "Well look at you haven't you build up" My father exclaimed, "Well you've helped me along the way" Jacob said, flexing his biceps smirking.  It was practically true, while growing up in La Push, Jacob always came by house eat, exercise with my father and  spent weeks by us sometimes even months. Although to me, it looked  like Jacob never aged to me, he looked the same as when I was a child,but I never question it. I didn't think it was important.

My father treated him just like a son. After my mother made me, three years later she died with lung cancer and that broke my father's heart and he knew he couldn't remarry, because he said he loved my mother too much and that's when Jacob became a part of our family, a son and my big brother. He was always with us and helped us in our time of grief.

"Please come in." Jacob said with a big smile across his face. He placed his arms around my father's shoulder and said, "Everyone this is my uncle, the same one who practically like my second father, Maurice Ross." Jacob said.

"Oh Mr. Ross, Jacob couldn't stop telling us about you. It's so good to meet you. He told us about his childhood and everything. I'm Emily by the way." She said extending out her and he smiled taking it.

Jacob introduced everyone to him and we all got along very well. My father sat between Embry and Jacob, I was surprised they were actually wearing on shirts today but they were all sleeveless. Then there was something that caught my eye which I should have noticed on the first day. They all had a tattoo on they right arms. I thought it was only the boys but I saw it on Leah's and Emily's arm also.

"Lizzy." Jared called snapping me out of my trance. "Yeah..." I said and he smiled at me, "Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded, "Yeah I'm fine." I smiled back at him. We spent the day chatting and getting to know each other.

"These muffins are amazing!" Paul smiled and stuffed in the entire muffin in his mouth. "I hope you choke on it." Seth joked and Paul gave him a death glare, making everyone laugh.

"It is really good." Emily said smiling at me. "Yes it is." Sam said. "I'm glad you like it." I stated getting a smile from Seth.

"Looking at your girl." I heard Jared whisper to him playfully elbowing him making Seth laugh, I don't even think they knew I could hear them.

We didn't even realise it was dark outside already and that is when my father and I said our goodbyes and was ready to leave. "Lizzy!" I heard a familiar voice behind me. I turned around and saw it was Seth running up to me. "Yeah." I answered.

"Um... You left your basket." He said and I took it from him saying thanks. "I have something for you." He said and I looked as he took out a red velvet box from his pocket. "What's this?" I asked curiously. "Open it and find out." He said and I opened it. "It's beautiful." I said. It was a diamond tennis bracelet.

"Wait, what's this for?" I asked looking at the beautiful gift

"Wait, what's this for?" I asked looking at the beautiful gift. "I just felt you needed to have it." He said smiling at me and took it out of the box and put it around my arm. I smiled at the bracelet and hugged him giving him a soft kiss on his cheek. "Seth, we barely know each other?" I questioned.

"Believe me, I know you more than you know yourself." He said before going back inside. I was confused by his statement but I shrugged it off for now.

'What did he mean by that?' I thought.

----------

LIKE. COMMENT. FAN. SHARE.

✔Alyssa