Chapter 1- a year ago...

I never thought my life could drastically change in a few months but boy was I wrong I went from nothing to something so quickly that I thought I was in a constant dream that I wasn't waking up from. Things are better but I can't deny that I'm making things out to be better than they actually are. A year ago things where so different to now it's like a memory but a memory that is not easily forgotten in some ways it was just a glimpse of how beauty defines us in this world and how you are nothing without it.

***** one year ago*****

"KENZIE"

I open my eyes lying there fully aware that if I don't get up now I will be late for school but I didn't care. school was the last place I wanted to be but unfortunately there's a law that I am forced to attend the hell hole 5 days a week.. what about my human rights..

"KENZ I swear to god if you don't get your ass down stairs in the next five minuets I'm leaving without you"

Kane never shouts so I know he's angry, It's kind of torture that My twin brother is the most loved and popular guy in the school but no it's not torture for me it's torture for him having the most disliked person in the school as his sister and all though he won't say it it's true. Not that anyone has really noticed we are twins it was erased from people's memory as soon as I became irrelevant and he became popular.

"Kane give me 5 minuets calm down"

"Kenz you know I'm chill but I had to be in school 5 minuets ago Ben recons he's taking back football captain and wants a rematch for next semester.. and I cannot let that happen"

" wow what a tragedy" i say sarcastically rolling my eyes at him.

"Yeah yeah whatever just hurry up" he says leaving my room

I throw some clothes on and put my hair into a ponytail, and i stop and look at myself in the mirror let me tell you something about myself, I am not no pretty skinny average teenage girl I'm the opposite I'm not very pretty I'm very plain and the reason no one likes me is because I'm over weight with glasses and I know girls say that all the time but no really I'm fat and that's why I'm not your average teenage girl. I gotta say I've got a lot of things I want to achieve during high school and a lot of it to actually happen it requires me to be skinny and pretty.
I quickly grab my books and put them in my school bag and head down stairs.

"Finally like"

"Kane If you persuaded mum and dad to let me take my test again you wouldn't have to drive me to school" I say making my way to Kane's car

"Mckenzie you have took your test three times now and crashed your car before even passing i think we have passed persuasion working"

" not my fault that wall was there"

"Sometimes I wonder where we got you from, by the way we are picking up Ben"

"Ben.. are you being serious"

"Listen I know you two don't get along but just don't egg him on it's to early for A headache"

"Okay then.." I say making a gun with my hand and pretend shooting myself..

I get in the car and thoughts go to my head about what I am going to face as soon as I walk through the school doors into hell I used to be a very care free un offended person until things suddenly got to me and now I feel trapped every time I walk into school I feel like the tiniest fish in a massive pond of hate and my family have tried with me in the past in various ways which I will not get into, and Kane he tries in school to stop it but theirs only so much that can be done and it never stops.

"Are you okay you look upset"

"I'm fine" I lied I was not fine but I don't want Kane to focus on me when he has bigger things he needs to focus on