Chapter 12

Mad was an understatement. All of Simon's friends had heard me shout at him, and I probably sounded like an idiot. I was so embarrassed, so I stayed in my room.

I heard my text alert notification go off, and I had received a message from Harry.

Is it safe for me to come in? Or will I be eaten alive ?! X

I smiled before texting him that he didn't have to ask, of course he was allowed in my room. Immediately my door opened so I knew that he had been standing outside ready for me, which instantly made me feel a little bit happier.

"Hey," He started, walking over to my bed and sitting on the edge. "Are you alright? I heard the argument with Simon, and I'm sorry if this is my fault." He finished, looking guiltily at me.

"It's not your fault Harry, He is just being Simon - his usual stubborn ignorant self. He'll get over it, I hope, and when he does he will be fine again. He just needs time."

"Then why are you so upset?" He asked, a concerned look glazed over his face.

"Because everyone heard me shout at him. I just feel so embarrassed Harry." I said dejectedly.

"What can I do to cheer you up? Because if there is anything at all, I want you to tell me. Please."

Suddenly, an idea popped up into my head. "This is going to sound really crazy, but what if we went to Paris tonight? Let's not wait. Let's go tonight, secretly. To get away from everyone, and everything." I said, knowing that Harry would probably label it as a stupid idea.

His response was not what I was expecting, but it was thrilling.

"I'm down. Let me cancel our original flights and I will book us new ones. They will probably be quite early in the morning though." He replied, now also having an excited look on his face.

"I'll pack. We should probably go back to your apartment so you can pack too. Book the flights quickly so I can pack and then we will drive back to yours?" I proposed, thinking quickly.

I went over to my wardrobe and speedily threw out some comfortable clothes, getting changed into a warm jumper. I packed chargers and things to do on the flight in a small backpack.

"Can we get snacks from yours? It'll be easier then going downstairs and making a fuss."

Harry briefly looked up from his phone before nodding. "Flights are booked for take off at ten past four in the morning tomorrow. We will have to get to Heathrow at about two. Is that alright? It was the earliest one."

I nodded, clapping my hands in agreement. "This is going to be so nice. Thank you."

After I had finished packing, we had to get out of the house without being seen. It was still about five in the evening and everyone was still there. Harry went down first, distracting everyone so they would go into the living room, whilst I hauled my suitcase and backpack down the stairs, and out of the house, into Harry's car. He forgot to give me the car keys so I just crouched behind the car in case anyone came out.

With my luck, Chip and Gee came out, obviously leaving the party early. They weren't driving, and instead ordered an Uber. This was going to be tricky. Quick thinking, I whipped out my phone and text Harry to say not to come out, and I explained the situation. He read it and that gave me some hope.

After around ten minutes, an Uber pulled up and Chip and Gee climbed in, and drove off. Once again I text Harry telling him it was fine, and less than a minute later he came out. He looked apologetic as he apologised for forgetting to give me the keys but I shrug it off.

"Don't worry about it, we're in the car now and we are going to Paris! I'm so excited!"

He squeezed my hand, showing me that he reciprocated my feelings.

In a comfortable silence we drove back to his apartment. I left my suitcase in his car, and brought my backpack up to fill it with food. I rifled through his cupboards and chose some snacks that I knew we both liked. Harry came out of his bedroom holding a suitcase and told me he was going downstairs to pack it in the car.

My phone pinged and I looked down to see if it was Harry forgetting something as usual. But it wasn't.

I'm sorry about earlier, I know I shouldn't be controlling your life. You're probably asleep and I'll leave you alone for tonight, but tomorrow I would love a chance to make it up to you - go out for lunch and talk about it there? Anyway, have a good sleep and I'm sorry. I love you so much Sophie. I always will. Simon x

I didn't even bother opening the message because he would see that I had read it, and it would give away that I was not asleep, and perhaps he would check up on me. I felt a little bad because I knew this would worry him, but I really needed the space.

Harry walked back in and caught me staring at my phone. "Is everything alright?" He asked as he saw my concerned look towards my phone. Quickly shutting it off I reassured him, walking towards him and giving him a hug. I whispered reassuring words into his ear saying that I was just tired from today, but thanking him for making our first Christmas together so special.

After all of that, it was now nearing eight pm, so I suggested we film a couple videos now to post in the future, when we were more public. Harry loved the idea.

"What about a couples Q&A? Or a 'who knows the other better?'" I suggested.

Harry liked the latter, and so we filmed it. I ended up winning, obviously, because I was a lot more attentive and observant than he was, plus my questions were a lot harder. I was in it to win it.

After filming the video, we decided to go to sleep, setting several alarms for one in the morning. Tomorrow was going to be hectic.

Hi everyone !! So this is actually quite surprising for me, updating just under two weeks after the last part! You're all so lucky! Anyway, I'm off for summer for six weeks, however I am still working and I'm going on holiday on Monday and also on the 20th of august! I'm not sure how much I'll be updating!

Also I know most of you reading this won't be interested in Harry Potter as this is a sidemen story, but I've been reading @everlovingdeer one shots for Harry Potter and damn I want to write something Harry Potter related! I have a lot in my drafts but I'm not sure! Let me know if you want to see that! I hope you're all having a good summer :))))

follow my Instagram - @multiixfandcmm ✌🏻