Chapter 24

The following weeks after the fire were the worst.

Harry had been in and out of hospital for the first two weeks after, and for the previous two weeks I had been staying at his flat, looking after him, but mainly because I couldn't face going back.

Harry understood. He didn't say anything about it, which I was grateful for. I knew I would eventually have to go back and face it. To move on from it. But I still wasn't ready.

Simon had visited a lot, however things were still awkward between us. I didn't blame him for the fire, how could I? But there was a certain amount of tension between us, it was obvious to anyone around us.

Freya and Josh had been over nearly everyday. Freya cooked for us, and Josh played video games with Harry, something that made him happy, seeing as he was on strict bed rest.

Seeing Freya gave me a break from continuously looking after Harry.

I loved him, it wasn't a burden as such, but it was so stressful and I did get tired from it, so I was grateful for how Freya was helping out.

Like usual, she had come round tonight. I was sat in bed with Harry, scrolling through twitter when I heard her knock on the door.

"That must be Freya. Josh is probably here too, I'll send him up, okay?" I said to Harry, quickly kissing him on the forehead.

He murmured a response and I went downstairs to greet Freya.

As I expected, Freya was at the door with two bags in her hand, accompanied by Josh. He went straight upstairs, and Freya went straight to the table, and dumped the contents of the bags on the worktop.

"Bought us some Chinese!" She said happily, now undoing some of the boxes that had my fbaourite Chinese food in.

I grinned at her, she knew exactly what I liked from the menu.

"I'm going to go and take some up to Harry. I'll just be a sec, okay?" I asked, quickly starting to plate up some of my food.

"No! Josh has taken care of it. That's all for you, and tonight we're going to have a girls night in!" She said, hugging me around the shoulders, and dragging me towards Harry's living room.

I quickly grabbed my food and followed Freya to the living room, where she had already thrown the blankets and cushions on the floor. She patted a spot next to her and I sat down, leaning against the sofa.

"Thanks Freya. I really needed this." I said gratefully.

She smiled at me as she turned the tv on, and started to watch another episode of glee.

****

By the time I was awake, I was in bed, next to Harry again. I sat up softly, trying not to wake him, and realised that I was now in a T-shirt and jogging bottoms.

The last thing I remembered was sitting with Freya and watching glee, so how on earth had I ended up in bed again?

Harry must have felt me move, because he managed to sit up beside me, and let out a little laugh.

I turned towards him with an inquisitive look on my face. He must have realised because he answered my untold question.

"You fell asleep on Freya last night so she got Josh to carry you up and then she changed you. She told me to tell you that everything is cleared up and blankets are back on sofa, whatever that means." He said innocently.

I smiled and rested my head on his chest. "Did you have a good night last night?" I asked, looking up at him.

"It was good. Josh is a good friend, so is Freya. We should do something to thank them."

I nodded my head in agreement. "I think I have just the idea." I said, a smirk growing on my face. "I'll sort it."

****

Another week had passed and it was now March 5th.

An important day. The day where I would finally go back to the house and face my month long fears. Harry was coming with me, after being completely cleared by hospital staff.

I was brushing my teeth when Harry popped his head in asking if I was ready to go. I held my finger up, indicating I would be one second, before finding out my mouth and coming out of the bathroom to put my shoes on.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, looking just above my gaze.

"Nervous, I guess. I'm not really sure how I feel. A lot of emotions." I said quietly.

Was this the right thing to do? Was I even ready?

I guess I would have to be. There was no going back now.

// thank you for 29k! Wow! I'm so appreciative, y'all mean the world to me 💓💓💓💓 sorry that this chapter is bad, I have exams coming up soon and am a little stressed! Love u