Chapter 17

Four days had passed since my accident. And here I was, sitting up in a bed with Harry to my left, and Simon to my right. They said I was getting discharged later this evening, which meant I still had a few hours to spare.

"Harry, do you have your camera on you?" I asked, shifting to my left so I could face him properly.

He nodded, grabbing it from his rucksack for me.

"Right. Let's film a video. I have the perfect idea. Boyfriend vs brother. Why not let everyone know it's official. I feel ready." I said, looking at Harry to see if he agreed.

I didn't even need to, because he had the biggest grin plastered on his face, and he was nodding his head up and down enthusiastically.

"I guess that's sorted then. Simon are you alright to film as well?"

He also gave me a nod, accompanied by a knowing grin.

"Right. Well, seeing as I'm stuck in a hospital bed, it looks like someone is going to have to set up the camera for me please!" I asked, once again fluttering my eyelashes at the two of them.

Simon cracked, and took the camera from me and put it up against the shelves that directly faced us.

Harry offered to go out and see if he could find any whiteboards, and whilst we waited me and Simon just browsed our phones.

I went onto Instagram, because I hadn't been on it for a while. It looked like my fans had noticed that too.

I had received lots of messages and comments on my most recent post - which I had posted just over a week ago, asking if I was okay. Although I had tweeted saying what had happened, not everyone had twitter and I understood that.

I scorleld through my camera roll and picked a photo of me inside the literal mansion that Harry had booked for us. I was going to write a very meaningful caption that described my experience and hopefully would ensure that none of my fans would make the same mistake.

Hi guys. Sophie here. Some of you will probably already know (if you follow my twitter) that I got into an accident whilst travelling in Paris. I am fine now, nothing too severe (just a killer headache and my arms and legs ache a little bit) but I wanted to use my platform to talk to you guys about road safety. I'm not trying to be boring, but instead I'm trying to help you guys be safer on the roads. Yesterday, I was having a picture taken besides one of my favourite landmarks in the world - Arc De Triomphe. You may or may not know, but this statue / building is surrounded by a busy road and a roundabout. After having a picture of me taken, a young fan came up to me (it was lovely to meet you by the way, if you're reading this!) and we got a selfie. I then immediately crossed the road without looking, and that was my first mistake. ALWAYS look first. Never cross a road without looking. The consequences can be so, so severe. As my doctor has told me, I am incredibly lucky to still be able to talk, walk and in fact, to be alive. This is probably sounding very cliché to some people, but the fact that I am still here, surrounded by my amazing family and friends and you guys - makes me the happiest person alive. Please be careful on roads, and don't make the same mistake I did. I love you all so so much.

Sophie x

After writing that caption, I pressed post. Immediately floods of comments came through, and nearly all of them were positive.

"I'm glad you're okay! We love you!"

"so so inspirational, we love you sophie xxxx"

"You've probably just helped a sh*t ton of people, well done x"

Simon looked over at me, obviously having read my caption. He didn't say anything - but he didn't have to. It was all in his eyes.

/time skip/

Recording the video had only taken just over an hour. Simon had won - but only by one point. I was very surprised at how well Harry did, and it seemed that Simon was too.

"Honestly, how was I supposed to know what your first word as a baby was?" Harry said, giving me a fake glare.

"Okay," I admitted. "That did kind of give an advantage to Simon. But, you're both winners in my eyes?!" I said, giving up when they both shook their heads at me.

Just then, the doctor who had been treating me came into the room. "Miss Minter - you've been discharged. You're free to go." He spoke with a smile.

Harry and Simon helped me up and out of the bed, and walked me over to the wheelchair by the corner. Although I hadn't done any serious damage to my legs, they were still stiff and I hadn't walked on them in over four days. Harry ended up wheeling me out of the hospital, where we waited on a taxi that Simon had booked earlier.

"Are we staying in Paris for the New Year or are we travelling back to London?" I asked, looking between the two boys.

"It's up to you." They both said.

"Can you take wheelchairs on planes?" I asked, causing us all to laugh.

"I guess that's sorted then?" Asked Harry, who was wheeling me towards the taxi that just pulled up.

"I guess it is. Who wants to book the flights?"

This chapter really ain't it chief, I'm sorry guys. I wanted to explore the relationship of the trio, but looking back at this chapter, I'm not sure I accomplished that. I might go back and edit, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed. I'm still in Italy and it's super hot. Hope you're having an amazing summer (if you're still on vacation) and if you're not I hope school is going well for you! Love you all x

Edit - I drafted this chapter two days ago, and this morning I hit 10,000 reads. Thank you SO MUCH!! It means absolutely everything to me. I love you all so so much x (26.8.19)

Another edit - republished chapters 14 and 16 because there was a mistake, sorry about that! Hope you enjoy this chapter :) i'm also going through and editing little mistakes for early chapters so yeah, i don't have much else to say.