Chapter 45

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ CHAPTER 44 FIRST THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE

Reminder that this is in Harry's POV!

The day Sophie had suddenly arrived home had been the best day I had had in months. Probably the best day since she had left for Manchester.

I would never ever hold her back from pursuing her ideas - no, that wasn't it at all. But a small part of me wished she wouldn't have gone, or at least she would've let me come with her.

But anyway, the four months had passed and she was finally home. The time apart was hard, and it did affect my mindset. I wasn't the same in videos, and I think the fans could tell. My friends definitely did, and Simon and Talia had been coming round more than usual. I had a sneaking suspicion that Sophie had asked them to check up on me. Not that I minded having people to talk to in person.

I had grown closer with Simon again, and I started visiting the house more, drinking in the evening with the guys. It felt nice. Talia had been the reason my apartment hadn't become a complete mess, I needed to thank her at some point.

However, what wasn't so nice was that as a group of us, the Sidemen, our YouTube content was slowly starting to become less relevant. It wasn't too bad at the minute, but Eloise had warned us that things would continue to go downhill if we didn't do something about us.

We were all trying to work together on what we could possibly to to revive the channel, but kept butting heads on ideas.

It was a work in progress.

But right now, it was June 1st, and that meant it was Sophie's announcement day. I had been glad she had told me in advance about the EP. I was excited for her, although she hadn't let me listen to any of the songs, except That Way.

I was sort of nervous, she had warned me that most of the songs had at least something to do with me. She had even gone so far to apologise for one of the songs - I quote, "I was very angry when I wrote some of the lyrics."

Nevertheless, this was huge for her, and I was incredibly proud of everything she had gone on to accomplish, and I wanted to show her that.

I was going to make her a cake. Or, well, I was going to. I had set my alarm the night before, to nine in the morning, which would give me just enough time to make and decorate a cake in time for Sophie's announcement at eleven am.

It all went wrong when I slept through my first alarm. It wasn't until my third one at half past nine went off. Even after this initial problem, I was still convinced that I could make and decorate the cake in time.

That was until I then realised I didn't have enough flour. Sophie was in the other room now, she had around half an hour left until eleven and I hadn't even put the cake in yet. Leaving the mixture in the bowl and my apron still on, I rushed out to the store which neighboured my new complex.

I was in and out in a matter of minutes, and bolted back to the lift. When I got back in the apartment she was still in the other room, so I finished making the cake. I was just spooning it into the tray when I got the notification that she had just posted on Instagram and YouTube. Shit, the idea for making a cake on time was completely out of the window.

I heard her shout from the other room. "I'll be there in a second! Just putting something in the oven!"

I licked a little bit of the mixture from the bowl before chucking it in the sink, I'd wash it up later. I wiped my hands on my trousers - a little bit gross but effective, before going to the workroom where Sophie was sat facing her laptop, her phone consistently pinging. I tiptoed into the room, wrapping my arms around her neck before giving her a quick kiss.