19

19 | He's Changing
Song: Watch
By: Billie Eilish

August 23, 2018 (Same day)

🔲Noah's POV🔳

I'm in my room, hoping that Grayson had left.

I know I ignored his apology but it was too overwhelming for me out there.

As soon as I heard him drive off and ran downstairs to the bathroom. I went to turn the door nomb but it was locked. I knocked and said, "It's clear, he left."

The door opened and JT walked out wearing the thin white robe from earlier.

"Your guy's friendship is messed up." She said, walking over to the kitchen.

I followed behind.

I wouldn't call it friendship.

I sat down on one of the bar stools and placed my left warm cheek on the cold counter.

"I wish we never fought. It's so awkward now every time we see each other." I said. "It kills me."

"If it kills you so much then why don't you do anything about it?" JT stated. I looked up at her and she was holding a can of soda. She had a stern look on her face. Is she annoyed?

"I would but I don't know where to start, how to make it better, I'm the one waiting for the apology." I had my face in my hands.

"Noah?"

I looked up at her and she walked over and sat on the barstool next to mine. She put her arm around me and rested her head on my shoulder.

"I listened to your conversation with him. You basically talked about pointless stuff, ignored his apology and lied to him about Penny coming over." She stated. I stayed quiet. "Noah, he apologized. And I think he was apologizing for everything that happened—"

I cut her off. "How do you know that?"

"I'm assuming it, Noah, calm down," JT said with a stern look.

I just looked down at the counter. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Since I'm partners with him, I can talk to him if you want me to."

I then looked at her with a face of pure happiness. I wanted to say something but nothing came out. I totally forgot about how Grayson picker her to be his partner.

This is great.

I nodded happily. I leaned over and hugged her from the side. She hugged back. I pulled back and kissed her lips. "Thank you so much JT," I said.

"You're so cute." She said.

🔳🔲🔳🔲🔳🔲

August 24, 2018

As I drove to school my ringer in my car went off. "Incoming call from Ashton," Siri said. I pressed to answer.

"Hey"

"Hey, um what are you doing right now?" He asked. He sounded curious.