23

23 | Follow Me
Song: Sicker
By: Laye

October 4, 2018 (Same day)

Art-

As I walked into the art class, I only saw a few people. Only Ron, Tate, Mereck and oh no. And Ben. Ugh!

I don't want him here.

A few minutes passed when Ben walked over to where I was sitting.

He took the seat next to me. I looked away from him and just looked towards Ron, I mouthed, "Help me."

"Noah?" Ben said.

I just sat there looking away from him.

Then I felt a hand on my leg. I looked down and up at him. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I snapped at him.

My comment got both Ron and Mereck's attention.

"Why don't you want to go on a date with me?" He asked, completely ignoring my question.

His hand went higher up my leg. My face was turning uncomfortably red.

"Please stop," I asked, quietly.

"C'mon go out with me." He smirked.

Then a voice spoke from behind me. "Don't touch her man." I looked over my shoulder and saw Mereck with his arms crossed.

Ben ignored Mereck. "Date?" He asked me.

I looked back at him. "No," I said with confidence.

"What?" He asked. He looked mad.

"What? You've never heard the word no before?" I snapped.

He scoffed, "Why don't you wanna go out with me?" He asked.

I know I said I wanted to go public but now I'm starting to regret that.

I fiddled with my fingers and stared at the ground. Feeling my cheeks getting warm.

"Hey. You can talk to me . . ." He said a bit I didn't respond.

Does Grayson know he's doing this?

That he's trying to ask me out?

"Ben, how about you go back to your seat and leave her alone," Mereck said, calmly.

"And why should I listen to you?" He said with a tone.

I heard Mereck sigh and shuffle around behind me.

Then Ron stepped in. "Because you're obviously making her very uncomfortable." He stated.

I looked up at him and smiled.

More people started to come in for class and Ms. Taylor came out from the back and sat at her desk.

"Everyone back to your seats!" She yelled as she got out the attendance clipboard.

"I think you should go back to your seat, Ben." I looked back at Mereck as he crossed his arms.