Chapter 5

West Sitting Hall

Jack returned upstairs from the Oval that afternoon. He was surprised to find Jackie in the West Sitting Hall. "Hey kid". He approached her and joined her on the sofa. "Hey bunny" Jackie smiled. They embraced before kissing. Together they sat down, Jack's arm around Jackie. 

"What is it?" Jack asked. Jackie appeared worried and sad but her heart was ready to burst with pride. "You look depressed" Jack looked her in the face. Jackie couldn't take it any longer. She grinned before laughing. It turned awkward. Jack of course appeared confused. 

"What?" He laughed, when he didn't even know what Jackie was laughing at. She turned around and picked up the test from the coffee table. She handed it to Jack. 

It was silent. Jackie grinned as Jack's jaw dropped. "Oh my god!" He gasped. Jackie laughed. They embraced before kissing passionately. "We're having a baby!" Jack grinned, nearly crying. They hugged once again, never wanting to break free. 

"When did you find out?" Jack asked, overwhelmed. 

Jackie took the test and sat it back on the coffee table. "Only this morning. My stomach hurt and I remembered what we did" Jackie's face turned red, when she said that. Jack winked at her. She giggled, like she was embarassed. 

"And I'm pregnant". Jackie smiled. The First Couple once again fell into each other's arms again. This was the happiest time, they had experienced since Jack's recovery from the shooting in Dallas.