Chapter 41

June 15th

Andrew's Air Force Base

Air Force One touched down in Washington before Jack departed. Jackie stood on the runway to greet him. "Oh Jack!" Jackie embraced her husband.

The nearby crowd cheered and cried for them to do it again. "I missed you kid" Jack smiled, taking his wife's hand. They walked to Marine One which would take them to Wexford. Jack couldn't help but smile.

Not at his beautiful wife but at her 5 month baby bump; which had grown dramatically in his absense. The First Couple climbed into the helicopter and waited for the take-off for Virginia.

Marine One

Private Cabin

"How was baby Kennedy when I was gone?" Jack beamed. Jackie grinned radiantly.

"Oh they missed daddy" Jackie joked. Jack laughed. Jackie then quickly fiddled around with her bag before handing her husband a baby scan.

"I went for my second scan the other day" Jackie rested, her hand on Jack's. He gazed at the scan. He complained at how he should have been there and not away campaigning. Jackie hushed him.

"Jack, I have some other news" Jackie grinned. "I asked about the sex of the baby". Jack handed back the scan. He was desperate to know. "Well..." Jackie deliberately hesitated before laughing. "We're having a girl".