Chapter 12

Logan Airport

The First Couple had finished up with their duties in Boston. They would now be flying to the Cape for two days before heading to New York. Walking onto the runway, they headed to the ropeline to shake some hands before getting into the helicopter. 

"Hey how are you?" Jack asked everyone as they went along. 

"It's wonderful to be here" Jackie smiled, shaking hands with the Kennedy well-wishers. 

After several minutes, the First Couple held hands. The crowd uproared, seeing small signs of affection. Photographers got a few photographs before the First Couple got into the helicopter. Jack turned around and waved, before making a V sign with his hands. The crowd cheered again before the President joined Jackie in the private cabin. 

Marine One

Private cabin

"How are you feeling?" Jackie asked, rubbing Jack's acheing back. "Like hell" he sighed. Jackie rubbed his back. "We've got half an hour. Why don't you lie down?" Jackie suggested. Jack nodded. He went into the private bedroom and lay down. Soon enough he felt something. 

He looked behind him to see Jackie. Jack held Jackie's arm which was wrapped around him. Then her hand. They closed their eyes and then fell asleep.