Chapter 47

GW Hospital
6pm

Jackie had been in labour for hours. Jack sat in the private waiting room, numb. Numb with fear. Since losing Patrick, he had feared the worst deep down. But not to depress Jackie, he always acted positive around her.

Suddenly there came a knock at the door. Dr Walsh emerged into the room.

"Mr President" he shook his client's hand. "Dr Walsh" Jack grinned. The two men remained standing. "Is there any news?" Jack asked.

Dr Walsh stood smiling. "Mrs Kennedy, was delivered of a healthy daughter" Dr Walsh smiled. Jack stood up and let out a sigh of relief.

"Is she healthy?" Jack asked, tears in his eyes.
"Yes Mr President, very healthy indeed".
Jack walked with Dr Walsh to Jackie's room.
Jackie's room

Jack ran to his beaming wife and they embraced. "Oh kid" Jack sobbed tears of happiness and Jackie smiled. "Do you want to meet her?" Jackie asked.

Jack sat up and nodded.

Jackie lifted her sleeping baby out of her crib and put her in Jack's arms. "What should we call her?" Jackie asked, with a very big smile.

"Charlotte" Jack smiled, kissing his baby's head.
"Charlotte Rose" Jackie added. Jack agreed with that.

Jack kissed his baby before handing her back to Jackie. "Bless you sweet child" Jackie kissed and stroked her head before putting her back down to rest.