Chapter 42

Wexford Estate

Middleburg, Virginia

Marine One touched down on the helicopter pad, near the Presidential country retreat. Jack and Jackie emerged, hands entwined together. Caroline and John sprinted towards them.

"Mummy! Daddy!" They cried in unison.

The First Couple embraced their children. "Oh my darlings" Jackie smiled, embracing her children. "My beautiful children" Jack hugged his precious children. Together the First Family walked to the house.

"How was California daddy?" Caroline asked her father. "Oh it was gorgeous. I need to take you lot over there sometime" Jack smiled, the children giggling. Jackie smiled. "Well I won't be going until after October. Until we've got settled with the new baby" Jackie rubbed her stomach.

When the kids weren't looking, the First Couple pinched a sneaky kiss before they all headed into the main house.

Jackie's bedroom

Wexford house

Jack sat undoing his tie while Jackie soaked herself in the bathtub next door. He muttered under his breath. He didn't like the fact that he and Jackie had seperate bedrooms. It was bad enough in the White House, now in Wexford.

When Jackie came out, he wrapped his arm around her.

"I love you" Jack whispered, before kissing her head. "I love you too" Jackie smiled, looking up. Her baby bump was only sightly visible under her white towel. Jack beamed with pride. He was proud to say Jackie was his wife and she was having his children.