Chapter 29

March 3rd

Palm Beach Compound

The Kennedys had taken Florida in a day. While in Miami, they had tea at the Botanical Gardens, visited museums and offices, and held a massive gathering packed into the Miami Beach Conference Centre, before going around in the Presidential limosuine, from the centre to the city stadium before another massive gathering there. It was a spectacular site to behold. 

Now, it was time off. After a hard 7 days, Jack and Jackie soaked up the sun in Palm Beach. However this morning, was special. 

"I'm ready" Jackie smiled, entering her and Jack's bedroom in some slacks and a loose T-shirt.

"Alright then Jackie" Dr Travell smiled. The First Couple held hands. Dr Travell rubbed the gel on Jackie's stomach before the image of the coming baby Kennedy appeared on the screen. It was Jackie's first ultrasound. She and Jack smiled while watching the baby wriggle around her stomach. 

"Oh it's gorgeous" Jack began to cry, afterwards they collected the print before going to show it off to the family. Jackie would be expected to have her first 12 week ultrasound, in four weeks time. However with the campaign, Dr Travell, said it would be alright to have it done earlier than normal. 

"Oh it's gorgeous!" Eunice smiled, looking at her coming niece or nephew. She hugged Jackie. "Thank you Eunice" Jackie smiled, "I couldn't be happier". Eunice smiled. 

Jackie then left the porch and she went upstairs to see Jack. 

Jack and Jackie's bedroom

"Oh kid, I'm so happy" Jack smiled, hugging his wife. They lay on the windowseat in their room, looking out onto the beautiful beach at the Compound. 

"Jackie, I just want to say I couldn't be prouder of you" Jack whispered to his wife. Jackie blushed. "I love you bunny". 

"I love you kid".