Chapter 28

February 20th

The South Lawn

Marine One touched down on the South Lawn. The Virginia part of the Eastern coast campaign was finished. The Kennedys would be campaigning in Washington until the 23rd, starting from tomorrow. 

"Da-da!" John screamed, running to his parents. Caroline ran to them, embracing her pregnant mother. "Mummy!" Caroline and Jackie hugged tightly. "Oh Caroline, my darling". 

"How's the baby?" John squeaked, the children exchanging parents. "Oh they're fine. I'll be going for my first ultrasound, on March 2nd, when we're in Palm Beach" Jackie smiled, taking her son's hand. Together the First Family, walked into the Diplomatic Reception Room before heading upstairs to the private apartments. 

Jackie's bedroom

Jackie lowered herself down onto her bed. 

"Ah!" She whispered under her breath. Her stomach hurt. "Jackie are you okay?" Jack assisted his wife immediately. "Jackie?". Jack repeated his sentence. Jackie nodded. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine". She got into comfier clothes. Their events in the diary didn't start until tomorrow. 

 Jack and Jackie changed into comfier clothes before heading to the West Sitting Hall to watch some television. 

West Sitting Hall

The First Couple sat on the sofa watching the coverage of their final days in Virginia. Cronkite was giving the reports

With the re-election campaign for Virginia finished for the Kennedy First Couple, they flew back to the White House earlier this afternoon. They shall spend the night at the White House before flying to Florida tomorrow. 

Jackie then smiled radiantly. It took Jack a moment to notice but he too grinned. 

One of the main focuses on the visit to Virginia by the Presidential Couple was Mrs Kennedy's growing stomach, after the White House Press Secretary, Pierre Salinger announced her pregnancy several nights ago.

Jack clicked off the television. 

"I knew that would be in there somewhere" Jack joked, sitting the remote down. Jackie giggled. She sighed before looking at the clock. "I'm tired" she yawned. Jack nodded. In the early morning hours, the Kennedys would fly on Marine One to Andrew's Air Force Base. 

While in Florida, they would be staying at the Kennedy Palm Beach Compound, flying in and out of the city each morning, on Marine One. Tomorrow they'd take the two hour flight to Florida, aboard Air Force One. Landing at Palm Beach before flying to Miami.