Chapter 23

New York Hospital - Cornell Medical Center

For the rest of that week, Jackie remained in hospital. Baby Kennedy pulled through it all. Pierre (by Jack's request) was to make the announcement of the pregnancy, the day after they arrived in Virginia. But back to New York.

Jack still campaigned hard and once again the people of New York fell for the Kennedy razzle-dazzle. After each day, he'd head to the hospital to see Jackie before going back to the Carlyle. On the day they were to fly to Virginia, Jack came to collect his wife from hospital so they could go to the airport. 

It was still a leaving motorcade, so Jackie put on her suit, she had planned to exit in. "You look beautiful" Jack commented on his striking wife. She smiled. "Thank you". Jackie looked at her ever growing baby bump. "Let's hope no one, suspects" Jackie smiled. "It's not scheduled to be announced until tomorrow". 

Jack nodded. "Well, we're not going to be walking for a good hour or so" Jack joked. Jackie giggled. She took his hand. "You ready?". Jackie nodded. They left Jackie's private room, and thanked the staff who took care of the pregnant First Lady. 

York Avenue

In Jackie's absense, Jack travelled around New York in another limosuine. However he made sure, the Presidential limosuine was polished and working back to it's usual order for their departure. The First Couple exited hand in hand and the crowd cheered. They waved, with radiant smiles waving to the crowds. 

Then the limosuine, began to move and it made it's half an hour journey towards the airport.

Idlewild Airport

The motorcade drove the First Couple onto the runway. They spoke with the New York diplomats and senators before boarding Air Force One. They waved goodbye to New York before stepping into the privacy of the Air Force One cabin.