Chapter 22

New York Hospital - Cornell Medical Center

Private floor

Jack and Jackie were rushed to hospital. Jack was fine but Jackie was taken to a private room. Soon enough a doctor came out. 

"Mr President. I'm Doctor Hopkins. We've examined your wife and she's coping well. I suggest you cancel her engagements and that she return to the White House to rest" Dr Hopkins introduced himself and explained Jackie's condition. Jack understood. Then he told the doctor that Jackie was pregnant. 

"Yes, she told us that" Dr Hopkins calmed down Jack. 

"Is the baby alright?" 

Dr Hopkins quoted the baby as a 'fighter' as it is well and healthy. "She may only be a month along but that baby is strong" Dr Hopkins smiled. He then returned to see Jackie. However Jack decided to and find Pierre. 

When he finally did, Jack explained the whole situation to Pierre, even the pregnancy that no one knew about. "What?!" Pierre was shocked. "Congratulations!". He and the President laughed, as everyone congratulated him. Then Jack continued to explain his plan. 

"I want you to go live tonight. Don't give anything away. Just say that Jackie is fine. However first announce the pregnancy" Jack confirmed. Pierre nodded and went off to write the statement. In the meantime, Jack went to see Jackie. 

"Oh Jack" Jackie sighed. She and her husband embraced, sobbing happy tears. Jack rubbed his wife's stomach. "Stay strong" he said, looking down on the bump. Jackie was proud. The bump was starting to grow. Jack explained what he told Pierre and Jackie agreed. 

"It was probably the right time" Jackie smiled. They held hands. Jackie had pulled through, and so had baby Kennedy.