Chapter 31

March 10th

Kennedy Compound 

Palm Beach

Jack and Jackie were dressed for their first day in North Carolina, they would be departing Palm Beach Airport on Air Force One. 

Jack smiled at his radiant wife. She was dressed in a white dress and matching navy blue accessories. Jack admired it as her 2 month baby bump began to show through. Jackie was proud. 

"You like?" Jackie asked, showing off her outfit. Jack nodded. "You look terrific". Jack grinned, as he made sure he looked Presidential. Jackie smiled. They linked arms. "Let's go to North Carolina". Together, they headed out onto the lawn of the house, and into Marine One. 

"Bye mummy and daddy!" Caroline and John waved goodbye in unison. Jack and Jackie waved from inside, before they felt the helicopter ascending off the ground. 

Palm Beach Airport

Marine One hauled to a stop before the First Couple climbed out. They then climbed the steps into Air Force One. 

Air Force One

Private Cabin

"Thank God we only have two more stops" Jackie sighed with relief, falling into a chair. Jack agreed. "Then I have New York to go to" Jackie spoke again. "Shopping for my birthday?" Jack joked. He pulled a grin, before Jackie laughed, nodding at the same time. 

The plane's engines rumbled before the wheels zoomed along the runway and then the jet fired into the air. "I'm looking to North Carolina the most" Jack said, folding up his newspaper. His wife was curious why. 

"For the museums?" Jack reminded her. Jackie giggled. "Of course". They both giggled before preparing for their next stop on the Eastern Coast campaign trail.