Chapter 6

West Sitting Hall

"Good morning mummy!" Caroline giggled as she ran to hug Jackie. "Good morning my little darlings" Jackie smiled as her son came dashing into her arms at the same time as his older sister. "How are you today mummy?" John giggled. Jackie smiled radiantly as her son bowed to her, like gentleman. "Oh I'm quite fine John. Listen I have something to tell you". Jackie smiled at the children. 

They joined her on the sofa, her arms around them. "Listen, in a few months, things will be getting exciting. You see daddy and I are going to have another baby" Jackie explained. At that moment, the message had sunk into the children and they jumped for joy. "Oh mummy!" Caroline hugged her mother. 

"I'm going to be a big brother!" John smiled excitedly before dashing out the room. When she had calmed down, Caroline sat down beside her mother. 

"But mummy" Caroline sounded worried. 

"What is it Caroline?" Jackie sensed this and listened intently to her daughter. 

"What if you lose the baby again? You know what happened to Patrick". Jackie understood Caroline's point. "Caroline, I promise we won't lose this baby". Jackie held her hand. "Okay?". Caroline nodded and grinned. "Now, go calm down John-John, and I'll come catch up with you". Jackie watched on in delight as Caroline kissed her cheek before running off to find her brother.