Chapter 15

Jack and Jackie's bedroom

Jack woke naturally to find a sleeping Jackie. He snuck downstairs and started cooking. He made himself some breakfast before he heard Jackie knocking quietly on the door. "Morning bunny" Jackie smiled Jack got up and embraced her, before returning to his seat. Jackie made the same meal before they dined together. 

"What you up for today kid?" Jack asked, his wife. Jackie stopped buttering her toast and thought. "I was thinking of going water skiing. If you'd be up for driving the boat" Jackie giggled. 

"You bet your ass I will" Jack joked. Jackie laughed. She loved it when Jack made such comments. It was one thing she adored about him. "Sure I'll drive the boat" Jack corrected himself politely. Jackie giggled. 

Hyannis Port front lawn

After breakfast when the kids were ready, the First family set off into the boat. Bobby decided to join them for his first time. Jackie and Bobby readied themselves on the two pairs of skies before Jack started up the speedboat. 

Out on the water

The wind in her hair, Jackie felt like the ultimate daredevil. She laughed while Bobby joined in. They were truly having fun. The kids cheered while Jack sped up the boat. After ten minutes, Jackie and Bobby jumped into the water so Jack could stop. 

Jackie swam to the boat and Jack helped her aboard. She was followed by Bobby. 

"Well that was fun" Bobby joked, drying his hair. Jackie did the same. "Where did you learn to sky like that?" Bobby asked. Jackie explained she first tried when she was in Ravello in 1962. Jack said he learned from her. 

For the last half hour before lunch, the Kennedys went for a swim.