third year × 34

With a frizzy mess of hair and bug-eyed glasses, a strange Professor stepped into the centre of the oddly decorated classroom with a smile. "Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover whether you possess the Sight." 

Amidst her waffling, the Professor bumped into the edge of a nearby table. Ignoring the quiet giggles and clearing her throat, she continued, speaking more with her hands than her words, "I am Professor Trelawney. Together, we shall cast ourselves into the future. This term we will be focusing on Tasseomancy - the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person seated opposite you. What do you see?"

Positioned between the boys, Nadia rolled her eyes and questioned why she decided to take this subject, seeing as she found it rather pointless. She couldn't make anything of the bunch of tea leaves sitting at the bottom of Ron's cup. "The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within the pages of a book waiting to be read. First, you must broaden your eyes. First...you must look beyond."

"What a load of rubbish," Hermione grumbled, appearing from nowhere. Nadia eyed her curiously.

"Where did you come from?" Ron asked, flabbergasted.

"Me? I've been here all this time." She stated as though it were obvious, pulling her books from her bag.

"You, boy!" Trelawney suddenly croaked, pointing to Neville. "Is your grandmother okay?"

"I-I think so."

Taking his cup, she tutted, "I wouldn't be so sure of that." Frowning, Neville took the cup and looked into it desperately.

"Your aura is pulsing, dear." She came to a halt, startling Ron. "Are you in the beyond? I think you are!"

"Uh...sure?"

"Tell me what you see."

"Yeah," He said, looking from the cup to his book. "Well, Harry's got a sort of wonky cross. That's trials and suffering. And that there looks like the sun, which is happiness. So, you're going to suffer but you're going to be...happy about it." Ron concluded unsure, the girls giggling as Harry's eyes held amusement.

"Give me the cup," Professor Trelawney stuck out her hand and Ron handed it to her but, with one look, she let out a might gasp and dropped it on the table.

"Professor? What's wrong?" Nadia questioned quickly.

Backing away and trembling, Professor Trelawney looked at Harry fearfully. "My dear boy, you have...the Grim!"

"The grin? What's the grin?" Seamus's voice came through the tense silence.

"Not the grin, you idiot. The Grim." A Gryffindor boy, by the name of Bem, spoke. "Taking form of a giant, spectral dog. It's among one of the darkest omens of our world. It's an omen of death."

"Oh, Rowena," Nadia muttered, dropping her head into her hands.

***

"You don't think the Grim's got anything to do with Sirius Black, do you?" Ron wondered aloud as the quartet trekked down to Hagrid's Hut.

"Oh, honestly, Ron," Hermione laughed. "If you ask me, Divination's a rather woolly discipline. Now, Ancient Runes, that's a fascinating subject."

"Just how many classes are you taking this term?"

"A fair few."

"Hold on," Nadia shook her head. "That's not possible. Ancient Runes is on at the same time as Divination. You'd have to be in two classes at once."

"Don't be silly, Nads. How can anyone be in two classes at once?" The bushy-haired girl chortled. "Broaden your minds! Use your inner eye to see the future!"