fourth year × 56

Nadia woke the next morning bubbling with happiness at the previous night's events, not even squinting as the harsh sunlight bore through the windows.

She thought it strange that it was so sunny on Christmas day but she wasn't complaining. It only made her smile more.

"Merry Christmas!" Ashton and Sam cheered in unison, leaping onto Nadia's bed.

Nadia giggled, propping herself up. "Merry Christmas."

Sam tugged her out from under the covers. "Come on! Let's go get presents."  Nadia didn't even get to utter a word as Sam dragged her and Ashton down to the common room.

Groups of students littered the common room, surrounded by wrappings and gifts. Everyone wore bright smiles which made Nadia feel at home.

Sam tugged her once more as she started piling her up with presents. "I love Christmas." Ashton placed a hand on her shoulder.

"We know." Nadia smiled before she started to open her gifts.

She recieved another Weasley jumper - this she was grateful for as she was growing out of her old one - some chocolate frogs and a Charms book from Hermione, some more chocolate frogs from Ron, a few muggle books from her mother and a puzzle piece necklace with an 'N' carved into it from Ashton and Sam. "Thank you." She said, clasping it around her neck.

Sam only got more excited. "We all have one!" She and Ashton pulled theirs out from under their pajama shirts. "When you do this--" She gestured for us to move closer as she put all the pieces together-- "They all fit together to make a heart."

"That's lovely." Nadia praised, capturing the girls in a soft hug.

Next, a small box was beside her. It was black and was kept together by a small, green ribbon.

She opened it and gasped happily at the sight. Inside was a beautiful ring. A blue flower was perched on top, matching the one on her necklace.

Nadia slipped it on her finger before reading the note.

Dear Nadia,

Merry Christmas, love. I hope you like the ring. I wanted it to signal how much you mean to me.
As cheesy as that sounds, you truly mean everything to me.

Love always,
Draco x

Nadia's heart swelled with joy.

However, it was then she noticed the charm bracelet which Harry had given her was still wrapped around her wrist. An idea popped into her head and she raced upstairs.

Nadis collected everything Harry had ever given her and placed them into a box. She then took the snowflake charm from the bracelet - as that was from Hermione - and removed it from her wrist, adding it to the box.

Feeling rather cheeky, she left a small note:

Merry Christmas! Hope you enjoy!

~You know who ;)

Then levitated it all the way to his room. With a small laugh, she returned to the common room and had the best Christmas day.

•••

A few weeks had passed and the grounds were no longer blanketed with white. Instead, flowers were blooming and the sun was getting somewhat warmer. Not warm enough though as Nadia still had a scarf wrapped around her neck as she roamed the courtyard with Cedric, discussing the upcoming second task.